What's the point of a polysynth?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 pm

HB3 wrote:HB3 performing "Darjeeling Express," influenced by Indian tonalities, though I'm sure this wouldn't be taken very seriously by purists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WDmPF4gBx0
Very nice! :D I hear the influences for sure, but it won't be mistaken for Indian music anytime soon. It's still good though!
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:52 pm

It's a colonial bastardization, that's for sure...;) However, people are shocked to hear/see this coming out of a Fender bass....

Niko

Post by Niko » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:23 am

During my gig days I wished to have a polyphonic MiniMoog because I was (and still I am) lazy to carry to many heavy weight keyboards. And the MiniMoog was in a similar category as my Rhodes. When I played later with the Arturia emulators I got it but actually I was a little disappointed about the results. And I think not every MiniMoog solo sound works fine in a poly mode. Maybe because the MiniMoog sound (D and Voyager) is very dominating and excellent. A kingdom needs one king, two or more of them leads to a different political structure. Actually one of my main questions in creating and listening music is touched with this issue. Why I feel good to see a large field of sun flowers? A single sun flower is wonderful already. Is it my limitation to recognize something? Becomes an event better if it's doubled or multiplied? Does it feels good to touch a velevet surface because to feel many single hairs simultaniously? If yes I think that is quite sad and leads to a less respect for the single individuum I'm afraid.
Well, the older I'm getting my understanding of the world, the universe and everything gets more and more fuzzy. And I should stop here because the answer is 42 anyway...
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...