Voyager OS key noise

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Analog!

Voyager OS key noise

Post by Analog! » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 pm

My low F has recently been awfully clanky sounding.

For example, if I simply play a key and quickly release, I get a normal cushioned sound. However, on the low F, it sounds like it is hitting somewhere. It is a much louder rattle. I am not familiar with the whole keyboard construction and I am definitely a little nervous at the thought of cracking her open.

Any ideas?
Voyager Old School

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

My keybed used to be consistant all over, but now I notice that the leys towards the middle seem to be broke in more than the ones at the end, but thats also where I seem to play more.

As long as they don't give up, get too bad, or start getting all crooked, I won't replace them.

I have considered getting a second keyboard and cabinet just in the event that something unforseeable happens 35 years down the line and I might not be able to get parts or something.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Analog!

Post by Analog! » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 pm

I think that it isn't an issue of breaking in that key. It is right against the cabinet, but the key appears to be in line. There is no added friction from pressing down on the key, but upon release it doesn't have the soft landing that the rest of the keys have. I am wondering if maybe it is just a small piece that may have popped out of place.
Voyager Old School

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 pm

It seems like the keys on the very end are mounted differently because they are on the very end. I vaguely remember reading about this on the forum but its worth waiting for Amos or someone to chime in on.

Hope you get it fixed.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.