Taurus 3 - first sound samples!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
moogmusic
Site Admin

Post by moogmusic » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Just added them to the sound player on the Moog website...

http://www.moogmusic.com/taurus/?sectio ... t_id=21299

Chris

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:06 pm

I would love more than anything to paruse the manual.
Thats the last thing thats left before the actual pedals.

How about as a New Years gift?

:D
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

timmy

Post by timmy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:15 pm

how Moog cannot see releasing the T3s as a rack mount module perplexes me. i can totally see people scooping it up at the right price point.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:34 pm

timmy wrote:how Moog cannot see releasing the T3s as a rack mount module perplexes me. i can totally see people scooping it up at the right price point.
If the T3 is popular, we might see a rack moun t version sometime in the future. However, being Moog Music is a rather small shop, they probably have higher priority projects in the pipeline. Especially as the T3's are supposed to be a limited run item.

However, hope springs eternal! :lol:

Sidewind

Post by Sidewind » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Well, after playing the "Which Taurus" samples for quite a bit, I have some observations:

First, a HUGE hats off to Moog. I think that these are about as close as one could ever get given that components, materials, etc. have changed a lot over time. (both in source components used to manufacture as well as the components in the existing made instruments.) While a difference can be heard between the two, many will not even be able to do so. The question also begs - Who would actually want to?!?! - given how great these sound. One thing that does make it easier to pick out is that they are separated between left and right channels. If played in mono on a continuous loop, it is even more difficult to detect which is which. Try letting it loop in mono for 10 mins, don't keep count of which part was left or right, leave the room and return. It will be very, very difficult to pick which is which.

As for how each "looks" (scope/software), again, a small difference can be seen, but it is pretty darn small in my opinion and not easy to see.

A big thanks to Moog for making this happen! I eagerly await the beast...

Michael...

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:15 pm

You guys are very perceptive - that's T1 on the right channel and T3 on the left.

They both sound good, to my ears. :)

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:42 pm

You guys nailed that, Amos.

Standing ovation!

This is interesting because if you look at all of the Voyager vs Model D flame wars that are on the Internet forums everywhere, one point to be made is that the Voyager was never intended to be a new Model D.

With the T3, it just proves that you could have, if you set out to. And wasn't the T3 supposed to be a brand new T1?

This type of thing is why Moog Music has such a profound impact on some of its users. You guys are talented, and privileged to be sucessors and torch bearers of Bob's Lecagy.

Thank you very much!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 am

i noticed a veeeerrrrryyyyy small difference on the which taurus track, right at the very 1st couple miliseconds of the attack of the filter the t1 is a tad bit of a difference on first listen. but if you play it in mono or turn your head so only one ear is facing the speaker you really cant tell. great job moog. i hope these pedals will be in my future. t3s sound amazing
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

keb

Post by keb » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Awesome job! I'm another T1 owner (and fanboy) and I also cast my vote for nails-the-sound. You guys have a winner on your hands.