late 60's Vox Continental patch (or reasonable facsimile)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
coniglius

late 60's Vox Continental patch (or reasonable facsimile)

Post by coniglius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Hey guys,

I have an Old School and I'm recording some late 60's covers and would like to get a good Vox Continental patch just for simple single note pads. I don't have a good point of reference as I don't own a Continental. Anyone have an idea of where to start with a patch? I'm not sure what the oscillator intervals would be for the Connie... sounds like 4ths to me but I can't quite get it to sound right. Whereas I can get a pretty good Hammond sound (with percussion!) quite easily.

...and recommending some emulator or software doesn't count. Last time I checked, those won't run on my tape machine ;-)
Voyager Old School • Haken Continuum w/CVC • Hammond C-3/BC/A/M-3 • Leslie 122/142/45/46 • Clavinet D6 • Wurlitzer 206A • Yamaha CS01 • Pianet N • Casio CDP-100

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:55 pm

That's very interesting, I would love to hear your Hammond sound (maybe you could fill it in on my new OS patch sheet, I'll send it to you if you send me your e-mail address in pm)

I am a fan also of the Vox Continental sound. I'll give it a shot and see what i can come up with, although I must say if you made a Hammond patch, you're ahead of me on sound shaping.