Phatty Behaving slugish after new os update

Everything Phatty.
smokemon

Phatty Behaving slugish after new os update

Post by smokemon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:35 am

Anyone else experienced this?

when I scroll between the presets it sometimes get stuck and laggs...

weird
#1048 LPTE

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:11 am

This is a small bug, I'm afraid... it only happens when the Arpeggiator Clock Source is set to LFO, and the LFO rate is very high. I'll look into it and fix it as soon as I'm done with the new Multipedal firmware.

Basically what's happening is that if the arpeggiator clock source is set to LFO, then it's doing some arpeggiator calculations even when the arp is turned off. If the LFO rate is very fast, then it ends up doing a lot of calculations and becomes sluggish. If the patch in question is not using the LFO for modulation, then a quick solution is to turn down the LFO rate to a low value and save the preset. If you are using the LFO for modulation and you need a fast LFO rate, then set the arpeggiator clock source to Internal or MIDI (not LFO). That should solve the problem for now, until I can go in and optimize the performance in firmware.

In my experience, you only see sluggish response if the LFO rate is up pretty high. I noticed it on the preset "06 PLUMNET" from the Tribute presets... this one doesn't even use the LFO for anything, so there was no reason to notice that the LFO rate was maxed out, until now. Performance was sluggish on this preset until I turned down the (unused) LFO rate, then all was well. Setting the arp clock source to Internal eliminates this issue also.

Cheers,

Amos

smokemon

Post by smokemon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:40 am

Thank you very much for that thorough explanation!

And yes I am a little ashamed of my lousy spelling...
#1048 LPTE