System version 3.3 to 3.4 ?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dave808

Post by dave808 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks RL, update to OS 3.4 now done, midi-ox kept failing to send the .syx files, but i found a better program than midi-ox to send the updates which is called sysexbox by midibox.org

I didn't bother backing up my presets, because i haven't changed or saved my own yet.

spittingoutteeth

Post by spittingoutteeth » Wed May 06, 2009 1:17 pm

I recently bought a used Voyager that hasn't been upgraded to 3.x yet. I've been really on the fence as to whether I want to pay for the upgrade. It would be great to hear opinions from some folks who have done it and whether you feel it was worth the price.
[b]ΔΔΔ MARS PYRAMID RECORDS ΔΔΔ[/b] - www.marspyramid.com
www.myspace.com/marspyramid
[b]Aether Everywhere Records[/b] - www.aethereverywhere.com
[b]VIKOMT[/b] [i](harsh drones)[/i] - www.myspace.com/vikomt

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 pm

It really depends. You have to find out if it has the Aftertouch upgrade. If you don't use that feature then you don't need that hardware upgrade. If your unit only has 128 presets you might want a memory upgrade. But I don't think theres going to be any mods that will make it sound better. If you are happy with that you have then don't pay.

There very well may be an upgrade beyond 3.4 (where they are now) that might add a fewture like an arpeggiator or something that you might want...in that event that will be the time to get the upgrades.

Having a fully loaded voyager is nice, the upgrades limit the amount of Midi data that send to make it compatible with older midi gear. There is also a 3.x upgrade that uses the erxternal input volume to cycle through presets. Theres another that allows for an increased sweet spot in the aftertouch modification....which can be very expressive. THeres another hardware upgrade that will give you 896 presets and I think there is a Filger Glide modification that they made standard in Voyagers.

Its your call.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.