More Foogers - I love them!!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sat May 02, 2009 12:17 pm

This is a controller I'd like to get my hands on. I saw one once years ago and should have bought it.
http://www.oldtech.com/synth/OctCatstick.html
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm

That's an interesting thing there, Just Me. I'd like one of those, as well I think. It looks like a totally analog MP-201. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Tue May 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Voltor07 wrote:That's an interesting thing there, Just Me. I'd like one of those, as well I think. It looks like a totally analog MP-201. :D
This is the ultimate controller in my book:

http://www.buchla.com/series200e.html

I would love to see Moog Music come up with a lower cost version of this.

I will eventually buy a modular but I am not sure how well this would interface with one, especially Euro rack which is probably the format I will have.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Lux_Seeker wrote: This is the ultimate controller in my book:

http://www.buchla.com/series200e.html

I would love to see Moog Music come up with a lower cost version of this.

I will eventually buy a modular but I am not sure how well this would interface with one, especially Euro rack which is probably the format I will have.
Moog won't build one. Know why? Because Buchla has been building those for almost as long as Bob Moog's name has been famous! That's Don Buchla's baby. Now, the Moog PianoBar was made by Buchla and Associates but sold through Moog. Perhaps a partnership like that would be a thought? That doesn't help with the cost, and the logistics of such a partnership would be nightmarish. I personally like the Lightning III, but would never expect Moog to either make or sell them. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

matt the fiddler

Post by matt the fiddler » Tue May 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Electronic Violinist here

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:52 am

LOL, Matt...we've mentioned those things numerous times, and have always come to the conclusion that they are WAY too expensive. :lol:

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed May 06, 2009 6:36 am

I do understand the relationship of Moog and Buchla and it's true, a very expensive product. But I find myself wondering is something like this can't be made less expensive. Certainly the Korg Chaos pad has enjoyed great sucess and is also very much affordable.

There is also the Harkin Continuum but to me, not nearly as innovative as the Thunder design. To me, the continuum has two problems, first, its price makes it innaccesible to many including me and second, it is in the box thinking. Sure, its got a touch sensitive pad but that is old technology repackaged. There are many hexagonal keyboards boards, some of which I believe are dropping in price (SOS showed one) and microtonal boards that I believe are far more innovative than the continuum.

I also think the "V Bow" looks very promising although again, so far outside the price range of most that it makes it all but unusable.