My MP-201 is stuck

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Bryan T

My MP-201 is stuck

Post by Bryan T » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 pm

It powers on, but nothing comes up on the LCD screen. Sometimes the footswitches light up red and orange, other times just a dull orange.

How can I reset it?

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Fittingly, it just came back on. I held the power switch partially in and that forced it to come up. I wish I had figured that out last night. Any idea what the issue could be?

Bryan

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Hmm, not sure about this one. I almost wonder if there wasn't a particle of debris in the power switch itself. On should be fully-on, off should be off; there shouldn't be any in-between states. :P Hopefully all is well now; if it happens again give us a call.

DontBelievetheHype

Re: My MP-201 is stuck

Post by DontBelievetheHype » Tue May 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Bryan T wrote:It powers on, but nothing comes up on the LCD screen. Sometimes the footswitches light up red and orange, other times just a dull orange.

How can I reset it?

Thanks,
Bryan

Mine 'froze' and never came back alive.

For the last few weeks my switches would stop working intermittently- usually for no more than a few minutes, and sometimes I could change the patches using the rotary knob, at which point the switches would work again.

Fast forward 3 weeks to this weekend, I turned it on and nothing. Just a blank lit up screen... :(

I called this weekend and left a message (not during business hours) and I emailed Moog about this through the warranty page yesterday, and am waiting for a response.

Damn this sucks. Had band practice last night and had to work on different material-- exp pedals aren't cutting it! The MP201 is such a killer pedal, Im going through withdrawals.
Synth bass guitar rig including MS-20 filter clone, Paradox TZF, MF101, 102, 103, 107(x2), CP-251 and MP-201