Need help Power Supply for a Moog Rogue

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Bryan B

Need help Power Supply for a Moog Rogue

Post by Bryan B » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Does anyone know of a good place to get a proper power supply for a Moog Rogue?

(Longer version) I got this synth for free with the condition that I fix it. I soldiered a few things and got a Radioshack power supply a while back. It worked, but when I took it in to get cleaned and get a new power supply, the guy never finished. I demanded my stuff back after several weeks had passed and the guy switched his phone number. It came back into my possesion without any power supply and I don't want to go get another crappy one from Radio Shack.

Any help is much appreciated.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

jamirokid

Post by jamirokid » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:13 pm

crs.one

power supply

Post by crs.one » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:36 pm

back in the day, i had Prototypes in Kensington Maryland rebuild my power supply for my Rogue and they did a great job. it's been flawless for several years and they also paid attention to the aesthetics and made it very effective, functional and visually pleasing.

They're old guys, so it's funny...every time i bring in an old synth they say "man...i think i worked on one of those years ago....lemme go find the book on that..." and they've done a great job with both my rogue and roland juno.

here's a link. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... &ct=result

i don't know the extent of their services, but it's an individually owned and operated shop, so they're good people.
crs.one

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Thanks for the help on this.

I am quite short on cash right now, so I actually took down the info from the e-bay auction pics and found a used power supply at Axe Man (local shop with a lot of odds and ends) that matched exactly and looked to me to be new or hardly used. I installed it yesterday and it is up and running better than before. After finally getting to hear it again, I think the guy actually did clean my Rogue, he just didn't finish what I asked for. He has pretty much ignored my attempts to let him correct this situation so I could pay him. I came out ahead in the long run I guess.

I still would like to get it modded to have more CV control and routing possibilities. Maybe I will get the real power supply when I do that.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

KingVidiot

Post by KingVidiot » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:35 pm

Radio Shack sells cheap 24v power bricks (wall worts), and all you need to do it add the right tip. It looks like a mono mini audio plug (1/8 inch).
Digital is fun, but analog is king!

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:59 pm

I just tried Radio Shack's website and had a lot of problems finding ANY adaptors.
I'm sure they've got them somewhere, but I had no joy.
The supply has to be 18-24 VAC if you find them.

Fwiw, those supplies you see sold for $49 (or more) on Ebay are these below.
They're much cheaper when you cut out the middleman. :)
$10.49 ea plus shipping. (and sales tax if you're in CA)
Proper connector for the Rogue and T2 pedals already attached too.

http://www.jameco.com

Their part number is 10102 (enter into search window).

Or try this link-

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... ctId=10102

KingVidiot

Post by KingVidiot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:15 pm

That's funny, I work right next door to Jameco. They have so me good stuff.

However, the proper power supply can be found at Radio Shack as well. I'm using one with my Rogue.
Digital is fun, but analog is king!