KL and MC on Moog VCO Jitter - Facts vs Lies

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Elhardt and anyone else: I imagine that, even with the best recording equipment ever, one could not capture that essence of mooginess...you might be right, might be wrong, but it's just not the same as some other synths...its unique, not saying other synths aren't, but it's unique enough to gather a devoted following. It's not doing any good having a flamewar about it. And I don't think they'd shrink the leprechauns for the moogerfoogers, that'd just be inhumane....
Moog LP TE

bunnyman

Post by bunnyman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 pm

Has anyone ever done a double-blind oscillator test with various analog and digital oscillators? I'm reminded of the double blind test Wendy Carlos did where the hi-fi magazine editor consistently picked the digital as the analog sounding source... IIRC, the scenario is outlined on her website...

-andrwe bunny

Amos

Re: KL and MC on Moog VCO Jitter - Facts vs Lies

Post by Amos » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:47 am

Elhardt wrote:I'm educated in electronics, KL is not.
...debatable. :)

Kenneth, there was no need to bring this up. All it is doing is amusing your detractors. You are better at designing synth architectures. Why not devote your time and energy to something completely positive in the world, like designing a really useful and expressive synth architecture and realizing it to a playable level in either hardware or software. Ever used synthEdit? It's not as good as coding from scratch but it seems to me that it can be extended and customized to be genuinely useful, if you have the skill to do so.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that you clearly have talent and drive, and channeling it into Internet fights is kind of an unfortunate use for all that energy. Then again, I only know you on the 'net, so maybe you do all that good stuff the rest of the time, and this is just like a hobby...

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Ken, you didn't even spell my name correctly, you're well known for hoaxes and trolls and have ZERO experience with Moog modulars.
Absolutely ZERO.

This helps no one.

You've tried your trolls on AH, Sonic State, Matrixsynth and now here.

Can't you find a life somewhere where someone will appreciate you?
Maybe a girlfriend or a dog would help.

RL

Post by RL » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi folks!
What a stupid discussion!
I need no measuring instruments - I'm using my ears (these are much better).
Maybe a girlfriend or a dog would help.
I agree...

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:27 pm

Kevin Lightner wrote:You've tried your trolls on AH, Sonic State, Matrixsynth and now here.
He's also been a nuisance on the Arturia site and several other Yahoo newsgroups in addtion to AH. This is the first time everyone's pulled together to deal with the problem. It's been a refreshing change.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:56 am

I wish I had the last 10 minutes of my life back..
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm

*hands defrag the keys to his delorean*