DFAM audible click noise

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Synthia

DFAM audible click noise

Post by Synthia » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:06 pm

Hi,

When I sync the Korg Volca Drum to the DFAM, I can hear the clock pulse coming through in the audio when VCA EG is set to Fast.

Anyone else had this issue?
Subsequent 37, DFAM, Prophet Rev2, Lyra-8, SH-01A, Korg Volca Drum

Carsy

Re: DFAM audible click noise

Post by Carsy » Mon May 30, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi I am having the same issue did you manage to find a solution?

synthpeter

Post by synthpeter » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:43 pm

What do you connect the sync-out to?

Running the sync-out of my Monologue into the DFAM's ADV/CLOCK input doesn't give clicks in the audio, whatever the VGA-EG is set to.

sicijk

Post by sicijk » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

Hello, first post here....I'm really struggling with this.
I sync DFAM using Mother32 as suggested in the manual, sending Clock from assignable output to Adv/Clock input, but I get this click sound at the offset stage of DFAM sound (a kick in this case).
Are there any ways to avoid this issue? (I do not have a Monologue...)

Thanks in advance for any insights!
d^_^b

synthpeter

Post by synthpeter » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:43 am

There should be no bleeding from Adv/Clock input to the VCA-EG. Is the click also there if you manually trigger the DFAM at the same speed? If so, then maybe try setting VCA-EG to slow helps.

sicijk

Post by sicijk » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:55 am

Hello, sorry for my late reply.
The click happens only when DFAM is externally clocked, if I slow VCA EG the click is not present. But for my purpose (a kick) I need it fast. If I let the DFAM run with its own clock all is just fine.
I can attach a file to show the behaviour. But it doesn't allow me due to invalid file extension?? (I tried mp3 and wav for less than 5MB).
So here's a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/irsuxxhd ... ilcr0&dl=0
First is INT clock fast VCA - then EXT clock fast VCA - then EXT clock slow VCA.

Thanks for your help!
d^_^b

synthpeter

Post by synthpeter » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 am

Hmm.. it seems the clicks are coming well before the attack, almost as if they're at the end of a step instead of the start. But it seems they're there in the internally clocked part as well, even though much less pronounced..

Thinking about this, a possible cause can be that there's a fast attack overlapping a decay that's not finished yet if you have a synth that doesn't sync its VCOs to clock (like on the DFAM). I'd try adjusting the decay (VCA and VCF) to lessen the effect.

sicijk

Post by sicijk » Tue May 07, 2024 5:34 am

Thanks for your help!
It does improve in this way: VCA at max - VCF shorter. As soon as I shorten the VCA the click appears (the shorter the louder till a double click!)
But as far as I'm concerned, this way the kick sequence is much much better.

Thank you so much for your help!
My best hug all the ways from south italy