In honor of Dr Robert Moog (1934-2005)

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
space_nerd

Post by space_nerd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:20 pm

Hello to everyone,
So now the beloved Bob will teach synthesis to angels or he's gonna built new Moogs for them......
At least, I think that this man's last years were very happy: he won the rights to build instruments with his name upon 'em, made the Voyager, a movie was made about his life and his achivements and the most important: the world loved him so much.
A good simple man, that created this sound, so important to all of us.
Created this whole thing that unite us all - I fell like I'm belong in big-big family, and we lost our father or something like that!
Bob, we will never forget you and I will be another one who'll say a big THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING
All my best wishes and condolences to his real family relatives and his close friends.
Nikos - Greece :cry:

Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:42 pm

I have just come back from visiting my dad in N.C. and made sure to make arrangements for a tour of the Moog Music shop. I was there on Wednesday 17th and met a very warm group of people that took their valuable production time to show us around, dig out a new Voyager, shut the lights off in the essembly room so my dad could take a photo of the backlit blue panel and set up a new Etherwave so I could give it my first try! Amazing.

They welcomed me into their `Moog Family' and made me feel right at home. I brought a getwell card for Bob and included some new photos showing my new SIGNED Voyager AE along with a model 15 with THREE matching cabinets! 12 oscillators in all !

I personally put this card into Bob's mailbox in the front office and hoped that it would make it to where he was staying. Mike Adams assured me it would get to him. Little did we know that Bob would pass away on Saturday only 3 days later. I'm sure he never saw it and for that, I am sorry, and saddened in many ways. I will never get to meet this wonderful man who put his own signature on my Mini, and he would not get the chance to smile when he opened the card and photos ment for him :O(

I wish I could have gone right back to Asheville to attend his Memorial Celebration, but needed to be on hand at my own shop.

A card to Ileana and the Moog family is going in the mail, offering my sympathy over their and the world's loss of this great pioneer.

With regards to all,
Gary Smith - Agawam, MA

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:50 pm

I have just heard the sad news about Bob whilst on holiday and it upset me greatly. I sort of expected the news after visiting the Caring Bridge website, but all the same i believed being a magical kinda guy,Bob would pull through. In Bobs passing we have lost another great musical instrument legend, but he'll live on in all our moog synths!

I know Moog music will do a fantastic job to protect Bobs legacy. I'd love to put on a concert over here in the UK on honour of Bob.

My deepest sympathy to the Moog family; our thoughts are with you.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

kamaradski

Post by kamaradski » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:22 pm

first of all. i wish all the best for any relatives and friends of Dr. Moog. also for all musicfriends here. imidiatly after i got the news a hour ago i got here to register to be able to say this.

i recorded a tv-serie on the 23th with was followd by a docu about Dr.Moog, and that was how i found out about it.

I'm gonne get me a Theremin: i think it's sound is the best way to remember Mr.Moog !!

thz for everything, and all the best from holland
kamaradski