Aright, what's next? What will be the next Moogerfooger?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Jebus0000

Aright, what's next? What will be the next Moogerfooger?

Post by Jebus0000 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:44 pm

I really wonder if there even will be a next moogerfooger but maybe if we come up with some cool ideas they'll read them and get inspired. My idea:

I know everyone and their brother makes a fuzz pedal but I think moog should make one and make it damn cool. I love using both a fuzz pedal and a sub-octave pedal together with the moogers to get some really synthy type sounds. It would be cool if moog released a pedal with both and added some special features like an LFO that turns the suboctave on and off and other stuff(can't think of anything else).

Any other ideas?

brunning

Post by brunning » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:15 pm

fuzz would be nice, but i'd be much more interested in seeing how moog would take on other modulation and time based effects, especially stuff that could play well with the others.

perhaps a flanger-type effect where you could control the sweep shape, regen and other things with the oscillators from the ring mod or the s&h out of the cp251.

maybe something like an audio-CV converter so we can control the other units with audio signals.[/list]

SynthBaron

Post by SynthBaron » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:13 pm

I'd like to see a pitch to CV and a seqencer 'fooger sometime in the future.

unique

new foogers

Post by unique » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:17 am

I think a fat greasy chorus would be nice!, graphical or parametric equaliser, a springreverb+stereo output! Reissueing the analog delay with a less hard to find IC. Pitch to cv would be the coolest tough!

greetz,
Unique
Unique da fraggin freak!

Jebus0000

Post by Jebus0000 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:21 pm

I was talking to someone at moog last year about the possiblity of using a Midi footcontroller combined with a Midi to CV converter to control the Moogerfoogers. This would allow for stored presets for the moogerfoogers. You could change more then one parameter on any of the moogers by pressing one button. He said it was theorically possible using the midi to CV converter made by Doepfer but they had never tried it. I think moog should design an all-in-one unit and add a midi controlled loop switcher so you wouldn't even have to turn them off and on. That would be insane!

Or at least something to sync the LFO's rate to MIDI

Progger

new models

Post by Progger » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:08 pm

I would first to see a new model ala the Control Processor CP-251 with complementary components, that would be rack mountable. It would nicely fill the space alongside the CP251 in the rack mount kit.
A Flanger model would be great for those of us without the discontinued delay model. Otherwise, I would try to hold up and save up for the purchase of the delay. I would like to use the flanger on my Arp Omni II and cymbal sounds.

I think they could deliver with a re-issue of their rack-mounted parametric eq. Another rack mountable goodie would be a sequencer. The sequencer would really enhance the possibilites with the pedal models.

Wonder if they could make expression pedals for the foogers that are more like the old Moog 1120 models? Much sturdier products though long unavailable.--note, the 1120 does not work with the MoogerFoogers, AFAIK.

It is incredible the sonic ground that the present line of pedals cover, especially as one takes advantage of patching between them.

SynthBaron

Post by SynthBaron » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:41 pm

> note, the 1120 does not work with the MoogerFoogers, AFAIK.

Why wouldn't it? It transmits control voltage, and moogerfoogers have CV inputs. Only thing you have to worry about is powering it with a battery or AC adaptor, and paying about 4x the price of something new!

BTW...Roland makes a very nice expression pedal if you're looking for something different.

dzy88p

Moogerfooger Vocoder

Post by dzy88p » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:15 am

A moogerfooger vocoder: That's what I want.

brunning

Post by brunning » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:49 am

the ring mod and LPF make for a pretty good vocoder when linked together.

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:13 am

Yes, my favorites are:

Vocoder

Stepsequencer

Progger

Post by Progger » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:34 pm

>Why wouldn't it? It transmits control voltage, and moogerfoogers have CV inputs. Only thing you have to worry about is powering it with a battery or AC adaptor, and paying about 4x the price of something new!

BTW...Roland makes a very nice expression pedal if you're looking for something different.

Yes, good points, I just found that the 1120 works fine with my control processor. I made this mindless assumption based on another thread within another site. I was lucky to score the 1120 years ago for my Micromoog before the prices went out of sight etc. The travel on this pedal is exceptional, nice and deep unlike something like the DOD FX-17, which is also metal (plus there is the optical pot and wah/volume functions).

I have been using the Roland EV-5, which is plastic, but has held out well for the 3 odd years I have used it. However, it does not "hold the floor" as well as the 1120.

Jebus0000

Post by Jebus0000 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:30 am

I know what I need. A mooger patch bay. Made the same size as the CP-251 so it can be rack mounted right next to it. Have all the jacks from the back of the moogers connected to this patch bay for easy reconfiguring. DAMN! I'm gonna make me one of those!

Jebus0000

Post by Jebus0000 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:30 am

I know what I need. A mooger patch bay. Made the same size as the CP-251 so it can be rack mounted right next to it. Have all the jacks from the back of the moogers connected to this patch bay for easy reconfiguring. DAMN! I'm gonna make me one of those!

AJeff

Post by AJeff » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:49 am

I think Moog should make a pedal that reverses everything you play, I think that would sound pretty sick or if the haven't made a pedal that sounds just like a piano, Your playing the piano but on your guitar, or maybe the same thing but with different orchestra instruments, like a violin,cello,etc...

I don't I just think that would be cool

SynthBaron

Post by SynthBaron » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:36 am

There are plenty of other companies that fill the void of the so called "missing" Moog pedals you describe.