Taurus 3 firmware update v1.2 - now with new features!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Mr Arkadin

Re: Taurus 3 firmware update v1.2 - now with new features!

Post by Mr Arkadin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:14 pm

I just had a thought. Would it be possible to have a function to change the Octave pedal to be able to octave down as well as up (programmed per preset)? This way I could hit a low B or A (gets a bit fuzzy any lower) which can be reached via a MIDI keyboard but not the pedals (I don't think). By making it a per preset feature it would be easy to have two presets the same but with Octave Up on one preset and Octave Down on the other, which would allow a huge coverage live. The default would be as it works now of course.

Oh and could the new Minitaur be used to program the T3 at all via USB?
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:08 pm

FlowerP wrote:
Amos wrote:fixing things now...
Great. I need MIDI Note transpose, so I'll install the new OS as soon as it is stable.
Amos wrote:- value knob, normal adjustment = x10, press&turn = x1..
Please make this knob behaviour optionally selectable from the Master menu, as I prefer the current acceleration scheme. For coarse adjustments I use the Control wheel and for fine adjustments the Value knob.
Good suggestion; I'll do this.
FlowerP wrote: What about the ability to overwrite the first bank of presets? Will this be possible in OS 1.2?
Yes! :)

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:20 am

thanks again for the efforts, just a small message to stimulate all the good work ....

marty

Post by marty » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Noticed the other day that when the arp is engaged the transpose feature no longer works in firmware vers 1.2.

Also, as long as you're still tinkering around, curious if it's possible to add the capability for inverted filter envelopes a la Minitaur.

peace,
marty

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 am

oeps that's not nice that the transpose doesn't work anymore..

ObiJuan

Post by ObiJuan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:21 am

Hi there!

So after I installed 1.2, recording and playback of MIDI data in Logic abruptly came to a screeching halt. MIDI messages were being sent with the proper rhythm and with velocity differences, but they were all for the same note (CO? can't remember) and when I went to play back, nada. Went back to 1.13 and everything's working again. Did I miss something perhaps? Wouldn't be the first time! For details and the solution I found (almost perfect!) to the saga of me, Logic, and the T3, check out my other posts. And thanks for being you, Moog people.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 am

If you read page 1 of this thread you'll see seveal references to the arp being broken in v1.2. Amos has yet to post the fix for it. I suppose he's been a bit busy with NAMM.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 am

yes, the new products need attention too.
good one this year , has to be said.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm

hi all, I am working a lot on Minitaur right now, but I've had some time for Taurus too. Once I got back into that code, there was more to be done than I had anticipated. That's why some things broke in the 1.2 beta... although I'd have caught more of those things if I'd had more time for testing right before NAMM...

Update is, I'm working hard to get Minitaur ready for beta testing this week. That effort will continue over the next couple of weeks, but I should start to have time to get back to Taurus during this span as well. I'll try to get the Taurus update complete and bug-free this month, if possible. No more new features for now; I need to focus on testing and stability only from this point.

All the best,

Amos

MC

Post by MC » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:16 am

I know how you feel, Amos.

My day job is to support production systems around the world such as South Africa or Germany. My software gets installed remotely, we don't always have the option to do it onsite. Under that condition we don't HAVE the luxury of beta testing - my software has to work from the get go. I do as much offline testing as I possibly can, because they can't afford to miss shipments. A wee bit more pressure than a NAMM show... :shock:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:21 am

Amos wrote:hi all, I am working a lot on Minitaur right now, but I've had some time for Taurus too. Once I got back into that code, there was more to be done than I had anticipated. That's why some things broke in the 1.2 beta... although I'd have caught more of those things if I'd had more time for testing right before NAMM...

Update is, I'm working hard to get Minitaur ready for beta testing this week. That effort will continue over the next couple of weeks, but I should start to have time to get back to Taurus during this span as well. I'll try to get the Taurus update complete and bug-free this month, if possible. No more new features for now; I need to focus on testing and stability only from this point.

All the best,

Amos
Now I see how Dave Luce felt while developing the Polymoog...I really feel for you engineers what with deadlines and bugs and all. :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:23 am

keep the good work going, as long as there is progression, none of us will complain.
thanks !

GT40Graham

Post by GT40Graham » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:54 am

Hi Amos,

Thanks for the MIDI transpose feature, that has made things so much easier for me.

Regards,

Graham.

MC

Post by MC » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 am

I have a great idea for the T3.

Can the key gate time modulate the VCA release time? So when I play staccoto notes the VCA release is short, and the release gets longer as I hold the key down longer.

This would be a handy feature to those of us who play with their feet and saves having to toggle the DECAY footswitch.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MC

Post by MC » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Or maybe a time threshold that toggles the decay footswitch. If a key gate is under the threshold, decay is OFF for short release. If key gate exceeds the threshold decay is ON.