VOS Name Plate

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
kimbo

VOS Name Plate

Post by kimbo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Ok peeps,
Here's a real 'anorak' question, and I think I definitely need to get out more, but this has always puzzled me...
I have noticed on various VOS pics, that there appears to be two different VOS nameplate styles.
One being 'Minimoog Voyager OS' in a single line, and another with 'Minimoog', and 'Voyager OS' underneath.
And to make things even more interesting, there appears to be two positions where they are mounted, which is either top right corner of the keyboard, or the other being mounted top centre of the keyboard.
And I've even seen some with no nameplates at all!
Does anyone know why there are these differences, and do they relate to any specific batches during production etc??
Kimbo:
MacBook Pro, Minimoog Voyager Old School, VX-351, Etherwave Theremin, DSI Prophet 08, Trax Rota-Synth RS-1.

miniluke

Re: VOS Name Plate

Post by miniluke » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:56 am

Hi Kimbo,

Ithink, this one is the only real thing, mounted on the right side like the old mini, not centered:

The other ones seem to be prototypes or with the centered bagdge, +500 units.

Regards,

Luke

kimbo

Post by kimbo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:00 am

Hi
I have exactly the same nameplate as pictured, but in the centre.
I've seen equal amounts of both. :?
Kimbo:
MacBook Pro, Minimoog Voyager Old School, VX-351, Etherwave Theremin, DSI Prophet 08, Trax Rota-Synth RS-1.

miniluke

Post by miniluke » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:31 am

Hi kimbo,
that's interesting, do you habe a picture with "Minimoog Voyager OS' in a single line"? I never saw one like this :?: :?
Bests,
Luke

kimbo

Post by kimbo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:35 am

Hi
I've attached a couple of pics.
Also the very first production run of 0001-0003 have the 'square' nameplates mounted in the centre (according to the pics on the net).
Mine is exactly the same as tho
Moog2.jpg
VoyagerOS.jpg
se and my s/n is 0531 :?
Kimbo:

miniluke

Post by miniluke » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 am

Hi kimbo,

in my opinion,this is the "normal" Voyager badge, not the one used for the Old Schools in the past...
Very interesting, I never saw a photo of a OS with a serial number higher than 500. Does the Badge of yours really show "Voyager OS" or just "Voyager" ?

Bests
Luke

PS: a photo would be great!

kimbo

Post by kimbo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi Luke

Yes it does.
It's exactly the rectangular nameplate that you have pictured with 'Voyager OS' underneath MiniMoog.
very odd how it appears to be mounted in two different places and why? :?
I know that there has since been more than 500 Old School's produced with quite a few who have logged their s/n's on this forum with 0600+.
Still not sure of total figure finally produced, but my guess is that they are now just using up NOS until resources are exhausted.
Will be interesting to know the final figure though.
My guess is around 800.
Still quite a small production run :D
Kimbo:

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:32 pm

VOS #: 0379
IMG_2153.jpg
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!