Rekon Audio VST

Everything Phatty.
mr-g

Post by mr-g » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:20 am

Amos wrote:1.1.3 just adds a work-around for one of Ableton Live's quirky MIDI implementations... if you're not using Live there's no difference between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. However, thanks for the reminder... I do need to post the update to our site.

Cheers,

Amos

umami

Post by umami » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:34 pm

How's that 1.1.3 update coming, then? For us Live users, any improvements are a huge help!

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:42 pm

1.1.3 is done... please email me at amos (at) moogmusic dot com for more info. thanks!

-Amos

Mike Balance

Re: and for Live

Post by Mike Balance » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Amos wrote:Since this is now a tutorial thread, here's my info for how to set up the VST in Ableton Live:

1) create two MIDI tracks in Ableton Live. On one track, put the VST LittlePhatty Editor.
2) on the second MIDI track, set MIDI From: VST LittlePhatty Editor. Below this (where default is "Post FX") Select VST LittlePhatty Editor again.
3) on the second MIDI track, set MIDI To: your Little Phatty. In my example I am using Little Phatty USB port, which is named "USB Audio Device" on PC/Windows.
4) make sure Monitor is ON for both MIDI tracks.

See the attached picture, which shows the above set-up. This works for me.

Another tip: you may find it helps to turn off "PGM RCV" or "PGM SND" on the LittlePhatty Editor GUI. This will stop the Editor from changing presets when you change presets on the Little Phatty. Notice that the Default Preset on the Editor sets all parameters to zero, which can cause problems when you are trying to get patches from your Little Phatty into the Editor. My solution for this is to turn off Midi SEND on the LittlePhatty Editor when I change to a new patch in the Editor... then turn on MIDI SEND again, and click "Get Patch" to get the patch from the Little Phatty synth.

Also note that your Little Phatty must have firmware version 2.2 in order to use all the features of the VST Editor. This firmware update is a free download from moogmusic.com.

I did everything according to this and the editor is acting weird and only works 10% of the time. Also, which track do you put your midi clips on?

orion

Re: Rekon Audio VST

Post by orion » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:13 pm

It's just not easy to get the VST working in Ableton Live, and with the demo you get punched in the peanuts every 10 seconds by the "buy me now" nag.

I'm sure the VST would be awesome once working, it looks great.

What would be awesome in addition ...

1. Give detailed instructions for getting the VST to work
2. Get rid of that damn nag screen, it does nothing but annoy loyal loving customers who already own moog hardware

orion

Re: Rekon Audio VST

Post by orion » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 pm

OK, using the instructions and screenshot Amos provided I have midi going back and forth and I can get the current patch from the LP to the VST. (Thanks Amos!)

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to setup automation of LP parameters in the track using the VST. The only parameter I can seem to get access to for automation is Device on/off.

Does anyone have LP parameter automation working properly in Ableton Live, and if so how did you get it to work?