avoiding stuck notes on SP?

Everything Phatty.
bwah

avoiding stuck notes on SP?

Post by bwah » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 pm

I have just bought a Slim Phatty and am using a basic Miditech 49 midi keyboard controller and have this stuck note bizz going on, it sux and I hate it. Which midi controllers are being used with success, ie: no stuck notes..?

would love to hear some succuess stories? its a great synth but in this current state can not be used live!!

Thanks for any advice.

Spartan X

Re: avoiding stuck notes on SP?

Post by Spartan X » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Damn, I would be just as frustrated if it happend to me. I can't help you solve your problem. But I can provide info of what I use.

Miditech problem...strange... Right now I use a Miditech Midistart Music 25 together with the SP and I have no problems at all. I've also used a M-audio KeyRig 49 and same thing there. I keep my keyboard connected to the SP via regular midi in and I only use the USB to sync the arpeggiator with my DAW.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 pm

bwah, what is the firmware version on your SP (master menu, system utilities, should be in format ### / ##)?
do you use a mac or windows computer? there's probably a firmware update that will fix the problem, at the moment I only have a windows installer for it but we're working on an installer for mac. let me know what you're using and I'll try to help.

also, do you know if the controller is sending clock or active sensing messages, and if there's any way to disable sending these messages if so?

-Amos

TBN

Post by TBN » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:29 am

Amos wrote: at the moment I only have a windows installer for it but we're working on an installer for mac.
-Amos

Hi Amos,

If the installer for windows is available already, could you please make it available for download here?

Thanks for all your efforts on continually improving the OS!

bwah

Post by bwah » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Amos

thanks for your prompt reply to my initial message and sorry for my incredibly late reply.. i have been away.

I have the latest firmware update, tho i don't know what you mean by there not being a download for mac as there is. I updated my SP via my mac. and with the latest firmware i hate to say i still get stuck notes. this problem is intermittent, however it does happen and again it brings the whole live usage into question.
Amos wrote:
also, do you know if the controller is sending clock or active sensing messages, and if there's any way to disable sending these messages if so?

-Amos
well, my controller is a cheapy and I am unfamiliar with this to be honest, but a friend told me that it's not sending clock messages.

i do hope my incredible lateness in replying doesn't hinder some assistance.

are other people out there still getting stuck notes????

thanks all

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 am

V34 is the newest I think. Here is a link to the discussion. Look at the post by amos.
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... =75#p93748