FreqBox emitting strange noises

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Red Deer Jebediah

FreqBox emitting strange noises

Post by Red Deer Jebediah » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 am

Hi Moog-folk. Joined the forum specifically because I'm having trouble with my newly-purchased FreqBox.
When I first got it it was sounding great, but then it began giving off a crackling, static-like noise that increases in volume as the input signal is turned up (although it sometimes continues even when there's no input going into it). Sometimes the waveform also changes suddenly, or turning the waveform know yields very abrupt changes in waveform rather than smooth transitions. Generally it's pretty unpredictable.
I haven't experimented much with changing cables, power outlets etc. Just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced these issues before eventually trying to exchange it for a different unit.

jpromano78

Re: FreqBox emitting strange noises

Post by jpromano78 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi There,

I have one and I LOVE IT! This is a pedal that reacts to your playing very much so... try tweaking your GAIN & DRIVE Knobs as these parameters have a "staticky" and "freaky" effect on its sound along with the MIX Knob. This "Freaky" character is what this pedal is known for... you either love it or hate it.
perhaps it could be just a matter of tweaking the right settings..

Good luck!

Red Deer Jebediah

Re: FreqBox emitting strange noises

Post by Red Deer Jebediah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:54 am

jpromano78 wrote:Hi There,

I have one and I LOVE IT! This is a pedal that reacts to your playing very much so... try tweaking your GAIN & DRIVE Knobs as these parameters have a "staticky" and "freaky" effect on its sound along with the MIX Knob. This "Freaky" character is what this pedal is known for... you either love it or hate it.
perhaps it could be just a matter of tweaking the right settings..

Good luck!
But surely it's not supposed to emit crackling, static-like buzzing when there's no input going into it.
Gah, I was just playing it now and it's sounding perfectly awesome! I'm just really nervous it'll turn into crap again in a minute. This is driving me crazy :cry: