Moog Little Phatty Stage III/XL

Everything Phatty.
shackler712

Moog Little Phatty Stage III/XL

Post by shackler712 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Who thinks there should be a full scale 88 key Moog Little Phatty,it could include more Filter options and maybe a third Oscillator

Other cool features would be to have:
customizable color changing LEDs to set the mood to no matter what kind of song your performing

better feeling/weighted keys to give it a better feel while playing

Maybe have two separate options of buying:

Moog Little Phatty Monophonic Package; just including the Little Phatty Stage III

or

Moog Little Phatty Polyphonic Package; including a 2 rack, 4 rack, 8 rack or even 16 rack(ok,these would be very different prices,ha) group of a new version of Slim Phatty meant for Polyphony so they would already wired together so you would only have to use one midi cord to connect to all of them for pure Polyphonic Analog Sound
Shackler

Josef_K

Re: Moog Little Phatty Stage III/XL

Post by Josef_K » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:09 am

As a customer I do see this as something awesome, even though it would be way over my price range. From the Moog company perspective it is a very bad idea imo ^^. Why would they want another 3 OSC synth to compete with their Voyager? I mean, the whole idea with the Little Phatty is that it should be affordable, why build a "big phatty"? I am convinced such a product wouldn't sell at all, to be honest. However the idea of selling some kind of "package" with one phatty/just a Moog midi keyboard with X numbers of slim phattys in a complete rack would maybe be an idea. Then again, Moog don't make midi keyboards, but who knows ^^
My Gear:
Nord Electro 2
Little Phatty Tribute Edition
Korg Monotron
Epiphone G400
Moogerfooger 12 Stage Phaser
EHX Memorytoy analog delay
Boss SD-1 Overdrive

Gil

Post by Gil » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:04 am

I'm sorry but an 88 key monophonic synth sounds like a terrible idea to me
More filter options and a 3rd oscillator? Why not just get a Voyager?

I do agree that a standalone polyphonic Moog would be incredible though.

shackler712

Post by shackler712 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm

That's mainly what I meant for an 88 key synth,the monophonic phatty could stay the same but it would be cool for a full size polyphonic little phatty
Shackler

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Midi it up with a giant 88 key controller...situate the LP over the 'board so you've got access to the knobs.

Electrolight

Post by Electrolight » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:33 am

or just make a custom keyboard with two slim phattys and a 88 key controller, then you can even choose between 4 oscillators or two note / two oscillator polyphony ;)