Question about Slim Phatty

Everything Phatty.
HiFreak1c

Question about Slim Phatty

Post by HiFreak1c » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Hey

Hope everyone had a good new year?

Was wondering if there was anyway of saving any sounds made on the SP without overwriting the factory sounds?? Or do I need to bounce down the sounds?

cheers
Outbreak Digital / Digital Cohesion / Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/hi-freak1c

EMwhite

Re: Question about Slim Phatty

Post by EMwhite » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Not sure how 3.x or the SP works specifically but I can tell you that on the code I have on my Tribute, changes to panel or settings for a patch that have not been written to patch memory cannot be 'saved off' via SysEx. Said another way, SysEx push/send only sends the preset data which is stored in memory.

Best you can do is write to a different location (one that you reserve as a working area such as #99) Otherwise, you are stuck with the 0..99. I've been through various sets of patches and have painstakingly dumped each individually via SysEx, named, and then created supersets which I keep. There are dozens that I don't care for in any particular bank that I've downloaded.

I haven't played with the Phatty VST/Library software/function so don't know if it's robust, or if it only covers the basics. Can anybody tell us how good or lacking the implementation is?

Thanks.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!