little phatty blank screen no sound

Everything Phatty.
anaivemistake

little phatty blank screen no sound

Post by anaivemistake » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 pm

my little phatty stage I crashed today. It powers up but the operating system doesn't seem to cycle. It makes no sound. I've read about a debugging program that may help. does anyone else have a solution, or know how to debug. I am struggling here. please help. thanks.

Mike

anaivemistake

Post by anaivemistake » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm

just got a message back from moog support and apparently I need a debugger to reset the operating system. I put an order in for the debugger. we'll see how that works. hopefully it does the trick. still not sure what caused it although i feel like it was the kb gate input. I use it all the time, but this time i think the trigger pulse did something more than expected. it was a low voltage gate, nothing out of the ordinary. I was useing a moon modular trigger sequencer when it crashed. I've used that gate input many times before without issue. I just want to make sure i don't do it again. I'll follow up once i peform the debugging procedure.

anaivemistake

Post by anaivemistake » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:26 pm

went through the debugging process, and now my phatty works great. Moog support walked me through it and now I know a little bit more about my Little Phatty. Works flawlessly. Nothing feels better than a diy service with help from the friendly folks at Moog. Thanks Moog.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Glad to hear you're back up and running.
I've never had a single glitch with my LP, not even during the OS 2 upgrade (I haven't done the latest one though...will wait until the next revision).

Just from reading this forum there seem to be quite a few people with problems like this, but in every case it has apparently been fixable. Thanks to Amos and the rest of the Moog people for being helpful!
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

anaivemistake

Post by anaivemistake » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 am

i've hooked up the same moon modular trigger sequencer and had no incident. everything seems to be good. Glad it was relatively easy to fix. had to unscrew a couple screws, but other than that it wasn't too bad. Working like new now, and I swear I have a few new presets that i didn't have before.

LektroiD

Post by LektroiD » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 am

I had the same fault, which I posted here: http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8654

Where are you getting these files from? I sent an email to Moog, I got a response saying they would attach the files, but no attachments were ever sent. I replied to the email asking for them, but correspondence seems to have stopped after their first email.

I now have the debug adaptor, but it is useless without these files, as is my Moog LP.

Could someone who has the files and information, please PM me, as well as the info on the correct installation procedure.

anaivemistake

Post by anaivemistake » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:01 am

i emailed support and they gave me the files immediately. I'd just email them back they are quite helpful support. Make sure you follow the instructions they give too.

LektroiD

Post by LektroiD » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 am

anaivemistake wrote:i emailed support and they gave me the files immediately. I'd just email them back they are quite helpful support. Make sure you follow the instructions they give too.
I did reply back at the time asking for the files which had not been attached, but I'd waited so long for a reply that I'd assumed Ryan (the guy I'd initially got the email from) had ceased communication. In the end, I got the OS 2.1 files from HHB (UK Moog repair service).

I followed the instructions they sent, which were not clear (the debug adaptor was doing extra stuff not in the documentation). Albeit, I couldn't get it to work, so I ordered a second debug adaptor, again with no luck. So, I eventually had an engineer come out, who did some hack to the debug software and got it working.

Basically the debug adaptor was wanting to update its own firmware, before it would take the hex files, but causing it to stop every time (this wasn't in the documentation I'd got from HHB). However, the engineer managed to bypass the adaptor firmware upgrade and run the updated hex files into the LP.

During the time the engineer was working on my LP, I got an email from another guy from Moog (Amos), who sent the 2.2 files - I didn't check my email until after the engineer had left, so I have OS 2.1 on my synthesizer. After this ordeal, I'll not be updating it any further - far to scary!

Amos seems to be very helpful, as he's now helping me with another issue. I just wish I'd dealt with him from the start.

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:27 pm

yup, Amos is very helpful.. got mine working again too.. even using windows emulated in OSX worked fine.. Fusion can come in handy some times 8)

Already busy making loads of sounds :)

will post them when done making a bank :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes, ALWAYS ask for Amos whenever requiring help with your Moog product. He is absolutely the best at helping you with whatever problem you may have. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

weedywhizz

Post by weedywhizz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 am

Hi,

exactly the same problem occured today with my LPII.

It wasn't really stable the last month and crashed a lot while using it synced to Logic.

Today I rebooted the Phatty again after a crash and while turning the "Value"-knob I've seen cryptic signs on the display. In this moment Phatty crashed again and now the display is white and no voice.

Somebody could help me out with instructions and those files for recovering the Phatty's firmware.

Thanks a lot.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Has anyone with a Tribute model had this problem?
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney