Polymoog 3-Band Resonator for Sale/Auction

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Elhardt

Polymoog 3-Band Resonator for Sale/Auction

Post by Elhardt » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:42 pm

I've been going back and forth as to whether I want to sell this thing because even though that was my original intention, the end result is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, stand-alone unit, that I put quite a bit of work into extricating from my Polymoog and getting it built. It's essentially a 3 Band Variable Formant Filter for all kinds of tonal modifications, similar to the Polyfusion module that somebody just put up on ebay, but the Polymoog Resonator can also switch the filters into lowpass and hipass modes in addition to bandpass, and it covers a greater range of frequencies. See links for Polyfusion comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0461449179
http://www.flickr.com/photos/matrixsynth/30931197/

I was originally going to put it up at $550 + shipping (Paypal preferred, I'm located in Cary, NC and can also be picked up for cash), but the only way to give more people a shot at buying it, since there's only one of these on the planet, is to allow them to bid on it if they want to pay more than that amount. So it goes up here at the initial bid of $550. If somebody offers that amount and nobody else bids, it's yours. I'll give it about a week (bid increments of a minimum of $10). For anybody not a member of the Moog Forum, you can email me with a bid and I can post that to the thread. If it doesn't sell, it will probably go on ebay, or maybe I'll end up keeping it for a while. A bunch of pictures are at the link below, and it includes everything you see in the 3rd photo down (Resonator, Power Supply, and a couple of 1/4" cables).

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search? ... ogerfooger

I can be contacted at my last name, which is my Moog Forum user name, same as my last name, followed by @att.net (just to avoid those internet scanning spambots) for those not registered on the Moog Forum who might have questions or want to bid.

-Ken Elhardt

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 am

This couldn't have come at a more inopportune time for me. Sorry, Ken. :(
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:49 am

Demo video please?
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:31 am

Well, it seems as if I probably have somebody who wants to buy it. I guess that means it should be considered that somebody placed an initial bid of $550 for the item. If after a few days, there's no higher bids, then it's probably sold.

Voltor07, no problem. Things change with time.

ColorForm2113, videos are required from sellers now? I almost made an audio demo of it a few months back, but after coming up with some nice sounds on my JP-8 to run through it to show its capabilities, one of the oscillators went out on that synth. I just don't feel like going through all that effort on another synth again. The unit is basically 3 filters in parallel, which can be set to lowpass, bandpass, or hipass, and you can set the freq, resonance, and loudness of each band. It's used for any kind of tone shaping you want, from vocal-like formants, to booming bass sounds, to treble boost/cut, band limited radio effects, acoustic instrument formants for much more realistic emulations, thinning out sounds, beefing them up, filtering synth strings to sound like a cheesy string machine, filtering noise into all kinds of different colors, adding additional generic filters to another synth or modular, and many other uses. So that's the kind of stuff it does.

-Ken Elhardt

r05c03

Post by r05c03 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 am

I do not think it is unreasonable for some one to ask for audio samples from what is essentially custom built, one of a ind item.
MF-102, MF-107, MF-m105, CP-251, MP-201, Elektron Octatrack, Filter Factory...

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:47 am

No its certainly not required. I just thought id ask since this is a one of a kind item it would be cool to see it in action and with it being a custom piece that was taken from an old synth some insurance (in the way of a demo video) that it works properly. So no need to get defensive, it was just a request. You might get more bids if people knew that it does for sure work. And you might catch more flys with honey.
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:04 am

Even as someone who doesn't have cash right now, I'd love to hear samples of this thing. And I'm sure others would too. Samples/videos may or may not help you sell it, and in this case I think it will sell on its own.

Half of us are just the curious type, wanting to live vicariously through other people's gear. I can't afford a Buchla 200e, but I love watching videos of them whenever people post them to YouTube. :D
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 pm

soundxplorer wrote:Even as someone who doesn't have cash right now, I'd love to hear samples of this thing. And I'm sure others would too. Samples/videos may or may not help you sell it, and in this case I think it will sell on its own.

Half of us are just the curious type, wanting to live vicariously through other people's gear. I can't afford a Buchla 200e, but I love watching videos of them whenever people post them to YouTube. :D
+1 on that!! we want to see and hear this thing in action... thanks :D
..::PATOBRUJO::..

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:No its certainly not required. I just thought id ask since this is a one of a kind item it would be cool to see it in action and with it being a custom piece that was taken from an old synth some insurance (in the way of a demo video) that it works properly. So no need to get defensive, it was just a request. You might get more bids if people knew that it does for sure work. And you might catch more flys with honey.
I'm not getting defensive. I'm just a bit surprised at the number of requests to hear it now since it's been around for 34 years in every Polymoog 203a synth ever made and thousands of people can make a demo video. The resonator has its own input and output on the Polymoog synth which allows you to use the Polymoog to process external sounds through the resonator. Plus I assume most people generally know what something sounds like based on the kind and number of filters. But let me investigate tomorrow about what I might run through it and maybe make a video if I don't have to spend all day on it.

And I should point out that of course it works. I wouldn't be selling something that didn't work. I have plenty of references on Analogue Heaven.

-Ken Elhardt

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 am

Elhardt wrote:I'm not getting defensive. I'm just a bit surprised at the number of requests to hear it now since it's been around for 34 years in every Polymoog 203a synth ever made and thousands of people can make a demo video. The resonator has its own input and output on the Polymoog synth which allows you to use the Polymoog to process external sounds through the resonator. Plus I assume most people generally know what something sounds like based on the kind and number of filters. But let me investigate tomorrow about what I might run through it and maybe make a video if I don't have to spend all day on it.

And I should point out that of course it works. I wouldn't be selling something that didn't work. I have plenty of references on Analogue Heaven.

-Ken Elhardt
Ken, with all due respect, a Polymoog oscillator sounds different than a Voyager or Little Phatty oscillator. Also, few people have heard entire synths played through this circuitry. I.E.-VCA's, VCO's, filters, envelopes, etc. Therefore, since the Polymoog had it's own designs, it's not entirely unreasonable to ask for a demonstration of the processing power of this thing. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:41 am

I went ahead and slapped something together to show a few things it can do. I guess there's probably not a single demo of it ever made, so now there's something at least. I ran my MOTM modular, JP-8, and youtube video through it, to show a few different things it can do. Of course it can be used with guitar or sampled instruments too. Youtube link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XUiJi5153Y

-Elhardt

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:35 am

Elhardt wrote:I went ahead and slapped something together to show a few things it can do. I guess there's probably not a single demo of it ever made, so now there's something at least. I ran my MOTM modular, JP-8, and youtube video through it, to show a few different things it can do. Of course it can be used with guitar or sampled instruments too. Youtube link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XUiJi5153Y

-Elhardt
why are you thinking about selling this thing again? Sounds beautiful! :)
www.ctrlshft.com

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:59 am

That sounds great! The choir and brass sounds were particularly impressive.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:58 am

Yes, thanks for humoring us with the demo. The Jupiter horns transformation was quite amazing!
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:25 am

Did we ever get a price for this?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.