CP-251 multiple expression pedals

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
delay-newton

CP-251 multiple expression pedals

Post by delay-newton » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:48 am

Dear everyone!

I need more space on my pedalboard and i was thinking if there is any other pedal on the market, smaller than the cp-251 which can do the same thing: let you control many parameters with just one expression pedal.

for example i want to control my mf 101 cut off frequensy and mix and also my hog with just one expression pedal. Is that possible to happen with the boss line selector ls-2???

any other suggestions???

thank you and take care!
www.myspace.com/gravitysaysi

gravitysays_i

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:35 am

Have you heard of the Moog Multipedal?

delay-newton

Post by delay-newton » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:03 am

yes I have! ...but i need something smaller...
its a crowded pedalboard....

thank you for the reply!! :D

gravitysays_i

DontBelievetheHype

Post by DontBelievetheHype » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 am

I don't now how handy you are with electronics and a soldering iron.. but when I bought my used MF103, it came with a dual exp pedal that the guy had made. It's in a crybaby wah enclosure and has two TRS cables coming out of it. It's 9v powered and when you click the toe switch down, it's switches from one cable to the next and has a status LED to let you know which you're using. So it's two exp pedals in one wah-wah enclosure.

Other than that, Im almost positive that you could use an LS-2 or other switcher pedal to do this as well- I have an LS-2 and I'll try it this afternoon and let you know if it works ;) If it does, you could a smaller switcher pedal from loop-master or any of those companies and even save a few bucks over the LS-2. Anyway, I'll let you know if it works by this evening.
Synth bass guitar rig including MS-20 filter clone, Paradox TZF, MF101, 102, 103, 107(x2), CP-251 and MP-201

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 am

Other than that, Im almost positive that you could use an LS-2 or other switcher pedal to do this as well- I have an LS-2 and I'll try it this afternoon and let you know if it works Wink If it does, you could a smaller switcher pedal from loop-master or any of those companies and even save a few bucks over the LS-2. Anyway, I'll let you know if it works by this evening.
The LS-2 will not do it unless it passes signal using TRS cables, which I'm sure it doesn't. You do need a TRS switch pedal.

The switch in the exp pedal is a great idea if you want to control one parameter at a time, yet have everything cabled to start.

I'm not sure how the multi output is wired on the CP-251, but it can't be that hard to re-create, probably just wired in either parallel or series to the other outputs. You probably can't purchase something that would do this, unless it's custom made. Maybe check in the live audio section at your local music store... there might be something in there depending on the companies that you have access to, but I doubt you will find a passive multi out box...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 pm

You could always buy a stacked potentiometer, and solder a couple TRS jacks to it, and put it in a wah pedal housing, as well. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

delay-newton

Post by delay-newton » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:41 am

thanks each and everyone of you guys for your replys!!!

I guess i have to find out my self how to make that multi-expression pedal unless the people of moog-team read this thread a think of something :D

take care everyone!!!

ps: still open for suggestions!!

CHEERS!

gravitysays_i

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:13 pm

I think you are overlooking the obvious. You just need a bigger pedal board :wink:
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

delay-newton

Post by delay-newton » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:54 am

my back hurts.... :D

gravitysays_i

matt the fiddler

Post by matt the fiddler » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:51 am

i know this goes against a consolidated pedal board.. but why not have your EXP ped separate, and sitting to the side.. throw them in their own case?

Matt
Electronic Violinist here

DontBelievetheHype

Post by DontBelievetheHype » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:57 am

Alien8 wrote: The LS-2 will not do it unless it passes signal using TRS cables, which I'm sure it doesn't. You do need a TRS switch pedal.
Yep you're right, as far as I know regular switchers work to pass cv from 'fooger-'fooger (with TS cables) and from the MP201-'foogers, but I didn't think about the TRS jack coming out of the exp pedal.

I tried it anyway just to be sure and sure enough it didn't work. It does pass CV from 'fooger-'fooger, but there is a big drop in signal-- due to the buffer maybe? I read of someone using a true bypass switcher with their mp201 and no mention of CV signal (or voltage?) loss- My wild guess is that maybe the buffer in the LS-2 causes the signal loss instead of boosting it since it's not an audio signal? The level knobs on the LS-2's loops had no effect on the strength of the CV.
Synth bass guitar rig including MS-20 filter clone, Paradox TZF, MF101, 102, 103, 107(x2), CP-251 and MP-201

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 am

DontBelievetheHype wrote:It does pass CV from 'fooger-'fooger, but there is a big drop in signal-- due to the buffer maybe?
The looper is probably DC decoupled with capacitors, to stop voltage spikes/ pops etc.. It's probably a lucky thing that any CV comes through.

Re: OP, if you want more than one expression pedal in use at a time, you'll need a complicated solution, e.g. an MP-201 or a multi-voltage setup. If you're happy controlling one parameter at a time, you could use a multi-pole rotary switch or similar.