MIDI Merge on Voyager Signature (OS 3.4) not working...

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
psound74

MIDI Merge on Voyager Signature (OS 3.4) not working...

Post by psound74 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi All,

After the (MOST unfortunate) failure of the USB MIDI on my MP-201, I figured that while I was waiting for the new version of firmware to come out, I'd use the MIDI DIN sockets. As I only have a 1-in/1-out MIDI interface (M-Audio UNO), my patch is:

MP-201 DIN OUT -> Voyager IN/(MIDI Merge)/Voyager OUT -> Uno IN

This allows me to play MIDI (notes, CCs, aftertouch) into my Mac from the Voyager, no problem.

When I opperate the MP-201 (Preset 33, MIDI CCs, ch1 Mod Wheel), The MIDI light on the Voyager comes on, and the Mod Wheel buss behaves as it should, but my Mac doesn't see the CC information...if I understood right, the MIDI Merge on the Voyager should take any MIDI received at the IN and mix it and the MMV's own data and send it to the OUT...is this wrong? Is it just for notes, not CCs?

On the Mac, I've used MIDIPipe, Pd Extended 0.42, Garageband (don't laugh), and SONAR (when Mac is on the PC side of BootCamp)...same lack of MIDI in all.

Ideas?

RL?

Patrick (psound74)

RL

Re: MIDI Merge on Voyager Signature (OS 3.4) not working...

Post by RL » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:39 am

psound74 wrote:Hi All,

After the (MOST unfortunate) failure of the USB MIDI on my MP-201, I figured that while I was waiting for the new version of firmware to come out, I'd use the MIDI DIN sockets. As I only have a 1-in/1-out MIDI interface (M-Audio UNO), my patch is:

MP-201 DIN OUT -> Voyager IN/(MIDI Merge)/Voyager OUT -> Uno IN

This allows me to play MIDI (notes, CCs, aftertouch) into my Mac from the Voyager, no problem.

When I opperate the MP-201 (Preset 33, MIDI CCs, ch1 Mod Wheel), The MIDI light on the Voyager comes on, and the Mod Wheel buss behaves as it should, but my Mac doesn't see the CC information...if I understood right, the MIDI Merge on the Voyager should take any MIDI received at the IN and mix it and the MMV's own data and send it to the OUT...is this wrong? Is it just for notes, not CCs?

On the Mac, I've used MIDIPipe, Pd Extended 0.42, Garageband (don't laugh), and SONAR (when Mac is on the PC side of BootCamp)...same lack of MIDI in all.

Ideas?

RL?

Patrick (psound74)
Hi Patrick,
sorry, the MIDI Merge function is only working with notes. Controllers or Pitch Bend data need to many buffers for a good MIDI Merge function.
Have fun,
Rudi