Newbie needs direction

Everything Phatty.
streetz

Newbie needs direction

Post by streetz » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:55 pm

My wife would be proud...i'm stopping and asking for directions! I recently purchased TE672, and I'm trying to run it through Ableton. I have a Tascam US-122 interface, w/mac G4 laptop. I looked over some of the past blogs and found some info regarding my situation, but, I still couldn't get it to work. I also have logic but use Live 98% of the time just because i'm more comfortable with it. But, whichever is the easiest to run it through I'll try...any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

robles

Post by robles » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Every midi track in Ableton has a drop down menu for selecting the destination for your track. Your midi interface should be one of the selections so make sure you select that. Also make sure the midi channel set on your track and the receive channel on the LP are the same. If neither of these fixes your problem, I'm a bit confused.

streetz

Working fine now..tks

Post by streetz » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:09 pm

I tried what you said a ton of times before, but could never get the interface to show up going back to the LP on my midi channel...that being said, I took for granted I always connected my interface to an external usb port, and never straight into the laptop...this time i plugged it straight into the laptop and everything is working great...thank you. :D