VX-351 expander

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
NemOs

VX-351 expander

Post by NemOs » Thu May 02, 2024 2:40 am

Hello,
I recently bought a Voyager RME, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I'm looking at the VX-351 (CV & Gate out) expander. Do the Touch jacks do anything with the RME? I know it doesn't have a touchpad, but I was wondering if maybe the MIDI had CC for touch if it would convert it to CV.

Acid Mitch

Re: VX-351 expander

Post by Acid Mitch » Mon May 06, 2024 8:44 am

I don't think you can program midi Cc's and convert them to cv but you can send what ever the touch pad inputs on the vx352 are doing.
Last edited by Acid Mitch on Sat May 11, 2024 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 pm

That is a good question: is any functionality of the RME lacking compared to a regular voyager, other than the physical touchpad?

Or maybe it has more?

There is a lot of MIDI tied into that iirc

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Thu May 09, 2024 5:19 am

ummagumma wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 pm That is a good question: is any functionality of the RME lacking compared to a regular voyager, other than the physical touchpad?
It has the same features except for the hardware.
From the manual:
Vx351
TOUCH
This group of outputs is generated from the Voyager keyboard’s Touch Surface Controller. There are three
control voltages (X, Y, and A) and one gate signal.
X: This is the CV generated by left to right (horizontal) position of contact with the touch surface.
Y: This is the CV generated by up and down (vertical) position of contact with the touch surface.
A: This is the CV generated by the amount of area covered on the touch surface.
GATE: This is a gate signal generated by contact with the touch surface. When contact is made, the
Gate is ON and when no contact is made the gate goes OFF.

Vx352
TOUCH
This group of inputs allows you to apply an external signal to control the RME’s Touch Surface parameters.
Although the RME has no Touch Surface (TS), through Edit Mode you can program the TS inputs as
modulation sources for the Mod Busses, modulation shaper sources, or as sources for specific TS routings.
There are three control voltage input jacks (X, Y, and A) and one gate signal input jack. The X,Y and A jacks
accept either a CV or expression pedal input, while the Gate jack accepts either a footswitch or CV gate
input signal:
X: This is the CV input that corresponds to the X axis (horizontal position) of the touch surface.
Y: This is the CV input that corresponds to the Y axis (verticle position) of the touch surface.
A: This is the CV input that corresponds to the area of finger contact with the touch surface.
GATE: This is the gate signal that corresponds to the signal generated by contact with the touch surface.