B-flat Matriarch?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
rzzzzz

B-flat Matriarch?

Post by rzzzzz » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm

I don't know why, but when I play C using the calibrated 1st oscillator, it produces B-flat. And all other notes are likewise pitched one note down. I tried calibrating. I also finally updated to the latest firmware (which was not as smooth as you would think out of the new application procedure). And then I calibrated again. Still B-flat. I'm looking at Sweet Water's guide to calibrating the pots, as well as messages saying that doesn't work. If it did I would give it a try. On the other hand, I actually play a couple of B-flat instruments (soprano and tenor sax) and am used to transposing. Outside of the one message from someone here saying that they experienced the same situation and ended trading in, has anybody else run into this, or have a suggestion? I admit, the clunkiness of the latest firmware app makes me a little gun shy about not leaving well enough alone.

moogy_j

Re: B-flat Matriarch?

Post by moogy_j » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:15 pm

Hi - did you confirm that the master pitch knob on the back of the unit is set in the middle? This happened to me one time...

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

rzzzzz

Re: B-flat Matriarch?

Post by rzzzzz » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:42 pm

Doh! Mistook it for headphone volume or something I guess. Thank you for putting me out of my self-inflicted misery.
Now I should check out what the new firmware does for me. (So glad for this forum resource and kindly advise.)