MiniFooger Delay - Infinite Delay without Expression Pedal

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
Teejay

MiniFooger Delay - Infinite Delay without Expression Pedal

Post by Teejay » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 am

Hi,

Big fan of infinite analog delays and trying to get this to happen on the Mini Delay but cant seem to.

I have it setup through my DAW but without any expression pedal. From the manual it says past 2'oclock it should go into infinite delays but that doesnt seem to be happening. Any suggestions? also on some videos I noticed a orange LED indicator, when does that happen? mine is red only.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ozmooguser

Re: MiniFooger Delay - Infinite Delay without Expression Ped

Post by ozmooguser » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:57 am

I got my mf delay last week and after 2 wonderful days of infinite feedback bliss, it stopped. Now the pedal won't repeat more than five times. I reached out to moog support and Andy directly but haven't heard any reply. Pretty unsatisfied to say the least with the product and the support.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey guys, welcome to the forum :)

Your delays definitely seem not to work properly. Reaching the Moog tech suuport is the best way to have your problems solved. You may want to contact them again, I'm sure you'll end with an answer!

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:21 pm

I'd love to see the inside of one. The first thing I do when I get something new, I take it apart :D

Based on the specs, it would appear that this is analog only and what I mean by that is that there is no micro controller (PIC, Ti, etc) or software running so unlikely to be a software issue.

It also looks like a standard red LED; not sure how it could show up as Orange. The specs say that infinite occurs with FEEDBACK control at the maximum, not at 2 o'clock. You could be getting something less than this if your level is too low, compensated by moving DRIVE up to the right level. If it's anything like the big brother, some drive is necessary but the "manual" is vague about that.

Since you must open it to mess with the Battery, there shouldn't be any harm in opening it to look for loose connectors or cables; I have the MF-Drive and the MF-Boost. At least one of them has hard soldered wiring into the 'pot' board but a connector on the 'jack' board. If it's anything like the others, the MF Delay might have a connector in full view just by pulling the back cover. Sometimes connectors are secured with hot glue, sometimes not. It depends on the product. May as well have a look before you return it or mail it away.

If I didn't just pickup a used MemoryBoy for $70 shipped I probably would have looked to pickup on of these for my pedalboard.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!