Little Phatty and Rogue polychain

Everything Phatty.
Krinor

Little Phatty and Rogue polychain

Post by Krinor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm

While eagerly awaiting the Slim Phatty to come out I thought I'd do a little experimentation with the Phatty and an old Rogue. I really didn't think this would give any results, but see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65LrpRrcHFU

At least this gives you a little taste of how it will feel to play a duophonic Phatty... :lol:

EMwhite

Re: Little Phatty and Rogue polychain

Post by EMwhite » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Ah ha. That's very nice, however subtle.

I suppose the key is that you need all voices to sound the same so in the case of the much proposed 'fill your rack with Slim Phattys', you would do well with the Poly mode as it exists today.

As a 'split', however, with a bass sounding tone and a lead sounding tone, I think the 'skinny' <- get it ! is that if you aren't careful, it will be difficult to get satisfactory results.

Thanks.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Krinor

Re: Little Phatty and Rogue polychain

Post by Krinor » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 am

Yes, well personally I'd be happy if I could just split the oscillators to play half the keyboard each. Could this in theory be done within the current OS/hardware configuration ?