New custom CV controller in the works: The Spider

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
CaptainKeytar

New custom CV controller in the works: The Spider

Post by CaptainKeytar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Hey everyone,

A friend and I are currently working on a custom CV controller for my Slim Phatty and Moogerfoogers. It has 4 LFO/Envelope generators, synced to a master tempo (tap or MIDI clock). It's called The Spider, and here is (roughly) what it'll look like:

We're building it ourselves from scratch, and I've started a blog to chronicle its progress:

http://spidercontroller.tumblr.com/

There's already some posts about what it's supposed to do; I'll be adding posts later about how it works on the inside, as well as frequent updates on its progress.

We'd love to hear what you think, and if anyone else has experience with building custom gear like this :D

Voltor07

Re: New custom CV controller in the works: The Spider

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Cool! Very nice indeed! I have no experience building anything except attenuators. I have recently built attenuators with volt meters on the input and output jacks. They are on my YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/Voltor07 Also, my basic attenuator box is featured in earlier vids, and allows me control of MoogerFoogers. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

gutbag

Post by gutbag » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Good stuff. I built an Arduino-based CV controller for my 'foogers myself. I should write it up sometime. I will follow your progress with interest...

v8media

Post by v8media » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:21 pm

I would love to hear some samples of what is possible with these things you guys have made. I had an idea for something similar, and it would be great to hear what the possibilities are before diving in. Or maybe hearing yours would make me think of other features I would want to add.

Danke, Ian