Minitaur shipping!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
muksys

Minitaur shipping!

Post by muksys » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Just got a confirmation email from sweetwater that my Minitaur is in the mail! Yay!!!

EMwhite

Re: Minitaur shipping!

Post by EMwhite » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

"Lucky..." -Napolean Dynamite

Have a look in the Minitaur downloads area. The manual is now available !
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:08 pm

I am SO jelly.
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 pm

filtered wrote:Great! Give us a good Moog user impression please!
FedEx tracking says it will arrive TOMORROW! I love sweetwater! As soon as I get home, I will shoot an unboxing vid (just to rub it in a little :twisted: ) and let ya know how it sounds! Imma giddddddy!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:26 pm

You're as excited as I was when my Taurus arrived. I was so excited, I forgot to start the video camera before opening the box. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Voltor07 wrote:You're as excited as I was when my Taurus arrived. I was so excited, I forgot to start the video camera before opening the box. :lol:
The funny part is when I pre-ordered it, I could afford it. After a big ass engagment ring and wedding planning, I can't afford it. But, Sweetwater totally processed without contacting me first. Looks like I will have to afford it. :P

And, I just noticed you live in Waukegan. That explains how you can afford all of those wonderful toys! :twisted: :twisted: i kid. Im about 45 minutes south in Westchester. hidyho neighbor.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:24 pm

muksys wrote:/edit/And, I just noticed you live in Waukegan. That explains how you can afford all of those wonderful toys! :twisted: :twisted: i kid. Im about 45 minutes south in Westchester. hidyho neighbor.
Yes, I live in Waukegan and work in North Chicago at the Federal Health Care Center. I drive through two ghettos to get home to my house that was built in 1945. :lol: Westchester, you say? Wow, you ARE close! :o
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Dogboy73

Post by Dogboy73 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:06 am

muksys wrote:Just got a confirmation email from sweetwater that my Minitaur is in the mail! Yay!!!
You lucky, lucky bugger :wink: Itching to get my hands on one of these. I wonder when it will turn up on UK shores? Digital Village in the UK have told me they are expecting a very limited number fairly soon. But they are not definite about dates & most of these have already been snapped up by pre-orders. Ah! Will have to wait a bit longer! Why can't we just wait patiently for these things?! That's GAS that is :? :shock:

Looking forward to seeing some user vids on YouTube ASAP :wink:

muksys

Post by muksys » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:20 pm

IT. HAS. ARRIVED.

Of course, we have plans tonight, so I probably won't get to mess with it until tomorrow, but I did have time to shoot an unboxing video. It has no sound, is very jerky and boring, but it's an unboxing! What do y'all want from me? Geez!!

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

PS: if it is not live, give it a couple of minutes to finish processing. I really had to go! :P

PPS: Tomorrow I will try to do a LP and MT side by side comparison video.

PPPS: Those trying to watch it while it's processing...I know its bugging you! :twisted: :twisted:

SSquirrel

Post by SSquirrel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:23 pm

muksys wrote:IT. HAS. ARRIVED.

Of course, we have plans tonight, so I probably won't get to mess with it until tomorrow, but I did have time to shoot an unboxing video. It has no sound, is very jerky and boring, but it's an unboxing! What do y'all want from me? Geez!!

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

PS: if it is not live, give it a couple of minutes to finish processing. I really had to go! :P

PPS: Tomorrow I will try to do a LP and MT side by side comparison video.

PPPS: Those trying to watch it while it's processing...I know its bugging you! :twisted: :twisted:
Yeah sadly no word yet from Novamusik, altho when I talked to Moog last week they claimed Novamusik would have them by the end of the month. That seems to be slightly off the mark so far heh

muksys

Post by muksys » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 pm

I saw that Moog did an initial shipment of 10. It's possible that the first batch went to Sweetwater. I've heard that several former Moog employees now work at there. Could have something to do with it.

muksys

Post by muksys » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm

BTW, I did just throw it on for a moment before we leave. Now, I have never messed with a T1 or 3 so I have no basis of comparison, but, damn son, this thing is HUUUGE! Seriously! 1 OSC compared to an LP: sounds the same. Bring in 2 OSC's.... :shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT?!? Ok, yeah, NOW I get it.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 pm

muksys wrote:BTW, I did just throw it on for a moment before we leave. Now, I have never messed with a T1 or 3 so I have no basis of comparison, but, damn son, this thing is HUUUGE! Seriously! 1 OSC compared to an LP: sounds the same. Bring in 2 OSC's.... :shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT?!? Ok, yeah, NOW I get it.
Same reaction I had when I turned on the Taurus for the first time. It STILL scares the crap out of me when I hit that first note. :shock:

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 pm

UGHHHHHHHH

I thought I was done buying toys for at least a little while after I just threw down on my LP two days ago...now I gotta snag one of these as well.

:3
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz