- Sight & Sound
October 16th, 2011
MOOG FOR THE MASSES! INTRODUCING THE FIRST PROFESSIONAL SYNTHESIZER FOR APPLE’S IPAD ONLY 99 CENTS.
Groundbreaking New Synthesizer App Available to Professional Musicians, Hobbyists and Music Fans Alike for $.99 for 30 Days Only
ASHEVILLE, NC – October 17, 2011-- Moog Music today announced the release of Animoog, the World’s first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed for Apple’s iPad. For a 30-day, limited-time price of only $.99, professional musicians, hobbyists and music fans alike can have access to Moog’s newest, groundbreaking synthesizer technology. Regular price $29.99
The heart of Animoog is Moog’s Anisotropic Synthesis Engine (ASE), a technology that has been in development at Moog for nearly six years. Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling any user to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as they play them.Whether users are new to synthesizers or are professional musicians, Animoog’s unique user interface gives them the ultimate tool for total creative expression.
“Animoog is an amazingly entertaining instrument,” said Mike Adams, president of Moog Music. “It is fun and educational. There will be people who discover the joy of making music using a synthesizer through Animoog who might not have otherwise. It is truly an entertaining experience for anyone.” Adams explains, “ASE was originally designed for Moog’s hardware synthesizers, but the technology is so incredible that we decided to make it available to everyone. With Animoog, we’re taking the fear out of buying a professional music application, and giving people a nearly-free opportunity to explore a truly inspirational creative tool.”
Animoog removes the boundaries of conventional instruments and brings an exciting array of creative tools to users’ fingertips. Its graphical user interface is dynamic and immersive. Much more than a simple app, Animoog takes full advantage of the iPad’s multi-touch surface. It gives artists the creative freedom to create and intimately control an entire sonic universe.
Ayad Al Adhamy, of the band Passion Pit, says, “While there are other iPad synthesizer apps (trust me - I might have all of them) what makes Animoog different is that it is not an app but an instrument. Moog has filled in the gap that other apps haven't - it is simple to use and it sounds great!"
Animoog launches today, just ahead of MoogFest (http://www.moogfest.com/), a three-day, multi-venue festival in Asheville, North Carolina, that brings together renowned musicians from around the world to honor the legacy of the company’s founder, Bob Moog. This year’s lineup is headlined by Passion Pit, Moby, TV On The Radio, The Flaming Lips and more.
Animoog is the second iOS app from Moog Music. In 2010, the company released Filtatron, a real-time audio effects engine and powerful studio tool for the iPhone/iPod and iPad. It is also on sale for $.99 for the next 30 days only.
· Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
· Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
· Polyphonic Modulation– Users simply slide their fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
· Polyphonic Pitch Shifting – Users easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding their fingers.
· Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
· Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
· Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
· Record Module – Users can record a performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support AudioCopy/AudioPaste
· Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s XY space to create new expressive and shifting sounds.
· Orbit Module – Users control the rate of orbit in the XY space around the path they created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
· Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes,LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, andfour super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
· MIDI in/out - Use a Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.