- Sight & Sound
June 15th, 2011
MOOG MUSIC DEBUTS THE ALL NEW MF-108M CLUSTER FLUX™ ANALOG FX PROCESSOR
–The Ultimate Moogerfooger® for Flange, Chorus and Vibrato —
Asheville, North Carolina • June 17, 2011—Moog Music, a North Carolina-based electronic musical instrument manufacturer, today announced the release of the MF-108M Cluster Flux, the newest addition to the MoogerFooger line of analog effects. The Cluster Flux is an ultra-powerful and flexible, sound-sculpting tool for use live or in the studio.
Expansive functionality combined with warm, analog sound come from the state-of-the-art all-analog audio signal path. Musical, flexible, playable, and durable, the Cluster Flux is capable of providing classic flanging, chorusing, and vibrato effects, but is also capable of a much wider range of modulated delay line effects than traditional stomp boxes in this class due to the wide range of the front panel controls, the multi-waveform LFO, as well as CV and MIDI Control.
The MF-108M Cluster Flux is more powerful than traditional chorus/flange effects offering musicians the added modulation of multiple LFO waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp and Random, to create many kinds of new modulated BBD Delay effects. MIDI IN allows control of Delay Time, Range, Feedback, Output Level, LFO Waveform, LFO Rate, LFO Amount and Mix. Additional features include:
· The ability to sync LFO modulation effects to MIDI Clock or Tap Tempo
· The ability to control Delay Time w/ MIDI Notes for “tuned” flanger comb-filter effects.
· CV control of Delay Time, LFO Rate, Feedback, LFO Amount, Mix
· Send/Return Insert for external processing of BBD feedback loop
· A second output configurable via DIP switches for different types of stereo outputs
· A Spillover mode allows for creation of interesting drones and other feedback effects.
· Control of Delay Time, Mix and Feedback in Chorus setting for extreme chorus effects
· Bi-polar feedback design creates Flanging effects w/ even or odd harmonic emphasis.
· Wide-ranging LFO Rate for very slow to audio rate modulation
· Input/Output Level controls for use w/ wide range of devices.
Availability and pricing: The Cluster Flux MF-108M will be available at Moog Dealers worldwide in Q3 2011 for a sell price of $599.00