Fatal error keyboard overrun and patch changes lag

Everything Phatty.
Sonic Structures

Fatal error keyboard overrun and patch changes lag

Post by Sonic Structures » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi. Recently I've installed the latest OS(2.2os) for my LP stage edition. Since then its been acting sometimes weird. For example, when i select preset patch #46 Trippymod and rotate the LFO rate knob to max and stay there, i lose control of all parameters and no sound comes out after i release the key and press it down again. Then i get a Fatal error keyboard overrun message. What's going on with this?

Also, sometimes when i rotate the knob(fast or slow) to change presets it lags for about 5 sec. or longer and then it changes. When it does change the letters and the number show up one at a time starting from the left to the right with an underscore at letter/number until the name is fully shown. What's going on here too?

None of this was happening when i had the original OS that came with my Little Gordita :wink:

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Here's a previous post from Amos about this issue:
This is a small bug, I'm afraid... it only happens when the Arpeggiator Clock Source is set to LFO, and the LFO rate is very high. I'll look into it and fix it as soon as I'm done with the new Multipedal firmware.

Basically what's happening is that if the arpeggiator clock source is set to LFO, then it's doing some arpeggiator calculations even when the arp is turned off. If the LFO rate is very fast, then it ends up doing a lot of calculations and becomes sluggish. If the patch in question is not using the LFO for modulation, then a quick solution is to turn down the LFO rate to a low value and save the preset. If you are using the LFO for modulation and you need a fast LFO rate, then set the arpeggiator clock source to Internal or MIDI (not LFO). That should solve the problem for now, until I can go in and optimize the performance in firmware.

In my experience, you only see sluggish response if the LFO rate is up pretty high. I noticed it on the preset "06 PLUMNET" from the Tribute presets... this one doesn't even use the LFO for anything, so there was no reason to notice that the LFO rate was maxed out, until now. Performance was sluggish on this preset until I turned down the (unused) LFO rate, then all was well. Setting the arp clock source to Internal eliminates this issue also.

Cheers,

Amos

Sonic Structures

Post by Sonic Structures » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 pm

Thank you Bryan T for the quick response.

So, the lag is preset changes is a bug too?

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Sonic Structures wrote:Thank you Bryan T for the quick response.

So, the lag is preset changes is a bug too?
Yep. I think that was what Amos was writing about in this post:
You can fix that by urning down the LFO rate of plumnet or changing its arp clocl src to internal. Sorry about the bug.