- Sight & Sound
Werkstatt-01 Moogfest 2014 Kit
The Werkstatt-Ø1: Moogfest 2014 Kit is a patchable and compact, one oscillator analog synthesizer. It was originally created as a kit, to be the foundation for exclusive “Engineering VIP” workshops at Moogfest 2014. Due to a number of requests, Moog is offering a no-soldering-required version of the Werkstatt-Ø1: Moogfest 2014 Kit in limited quantities, at select US dealers only. Assembly is extremely simple: Any user can quickly build an analog synthesizer based on classic Moog circuits, and if desired, study the analog circuits.
• Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
• Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
• Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
• Ability to PWM the square wave
• Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
• Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
• Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
• Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
• Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
• Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
• One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
• VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
• VCF Input-5V to +5
• VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
• VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
• LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
• VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
• 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
• 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
• 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
• 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
• 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
• AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
• POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
• POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
Will ship within 2 weeks of placement of your order. WHY?
The Moog Werkstatt-Ø1 is a patchable, 100% analog synthesizer whose design is based on classic Moog circuits. Assembly is extremely simple: Any user can quickly build this analog synthesizer with minimal tools and expertise. Through assembly and inspired investigation, the Werkstatt-Ø1 is an excellent platform for exploring the world of analog synthesizer circuits. A lifetime of experimentation, knob twisting, and sound design awaits.
Submitted by lmkelly on Wed, 2014-06-04 11:22
May 28th, 2014
Theremini | Dorit Chrysler
In this Video Dorit Chrysler, co-founder of the New York Theremin Society, explores the sonic possibilities of the Theremini, Moog's latest addition to the theremin family.
The Theremini is a re-imagination of one of the oldest electronic musical instruments in history, and Bob Moog's first love -- the Theremin. The Theremini combines a powerful sound engine derived from Moog’s award winning synthesizer, Animoog, with the traditional no-touch playing of a traditional Theremin.
May 23rd, 2014
2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the first modular voltage-controlled synthesizer, an instrument that forever changed the course of modern music. Today, on May 23rd, Moog Music celebrates what would have been the 80th birthday of this unique instrument’s inventor, Dr. Robert Moog, by transforming our newly renovated space at 170 Broadway Street into a free public gallery and photo exhibit.
May 21st, 2014
Making of the Aluminium Voyager
The Aluminum Minimoog Voyager is a limited edition, 100 piece production of the legendary Minimoog Voyager -- the analog synthesizer that was the culmination of a lifetime of work for synthesizer pioneer Dr. Robert Moog. It is housed in an elegantly machined, all aluminum cabinet that has been weight relieved for portability.
May 16th, 2014
May 13th, 2014
April 25th, 2014
Moog Music unveils one of its largest engineering undertakings, the new Emerson Moog Modular System.