- Sight & Sound
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith | Sound Painting
San Francisco Bay Area synthesist Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith visits the Moog Sound Lab with her Buchla Music Easel and closes the gap between East Coast and West Coast philosophy. Using the common language of analog control voltage, Kaitlyn simultaneously controls her Music Easel, a Moog Little Phatty and a Moog Werkstatt-01 (accessed via the Werkstatt CV Expander), creating a sonic portrait of her visit.
Werkstatt-01 Moogfest 2014 Kit
• Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
• Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
• Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
• Ability to PWM the square wave
• Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
• Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
• Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
• Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
• Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
• Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
• One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
• VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
• VCF Input-5V to +5
• VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
• VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
• LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
• VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
• 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
• 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
• 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
• 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
• 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
• AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
• POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
• POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
The Moog Werkstatt-Ø1 is a patchable, 100% analog synthesizer whose design is based on classic Moog circuits. Assembly is extremely simple: Any user can quickly build this analog synthesizer with minimal tools and expertise. Through assembly and inspired investigation, the Werkstatt-Ø1 is an excellent platform for exploring the world of analog synthesizer circuits. A lifetime of experimentation, knob twisting, and sound design awaits.
WerkstattWorkshop.com (beta) is Moog Music’s interactive creative learning portal containing project ideas, mod tutorials, parts lists, educational lesson plans, and more.
December 29th, 2014
Theremini Firmware v1.1.0
December 12th, 2014
In honor of the discontinuation of the Slim Phatty Analog Synthesizer, we have collaborated with a group of select Moog artists to craft a series of preset packs exclusively for Slim Phatty and Little Phatty owners.
SUB 37 | MODULATION & SEQUENCING
This is the power of modularity with the immediacy of a self contained instrument. Detailing the underlying philosophies and design goals that culminated in the realization of the Sub 37 Bob Moog Tribute Edition paraphonic analog synthesizer, this video explores the vast modulation possibilities and sequencing options available via the front panel.
December 5th, 2014
December 3rd, 2014
November 20th, 2014
Legendary composor Hans Zimmer is well-known for his work scoring films such as The Lion King, Gladiator, and The Dark Knight. Perhaps less known is his large following within the EDM community.
Submitted by Vigstedt on Wed, 2014-11-19 14:35
Scottish trio Chvches (pronounced Churches) came into the Moog Sound Lab to re-imagine their song “The Mother We Share” off of their 2013 album The Bones of What You Believe.
November 10th, 2014