LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 21: A general view of the atmosphere at the Beck Song Reader exhibition opening held at Sonos Studio on February 21, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jerod Harris/Getty Images for Sonos)
Paint your desktop with stills from the Flying Lotus and lilfuchs animation: A New Machine For Living.
Get the desktops HERE.
The psychedelic animation was created in honor of the release of Moog's newest analog synthesizer, the Sub Phatty.
Moog Music is proud to introduce the Sub Phatty analog synthesizer, a 25 full-size key, 31 knob production instrument that melds the soul and functionality of vintage analog synthesizers with new and unique sound design tools. Building on the tradition of Moog’s highly successful Phatty family, the Sub Phatty grinds and screams with a uniquely aggressive voice — making it the new standard for synth bass, analog percussion, and a wide range of sound design applications.
Say hello to the Sub Phatty, the grittiest Moog Synth ever.
Moog Music’s engineers have crafted the Sub Phatty’s oscillators to perform with extreme accuracy and require almost no warm-up time. Just power up, dial in your settings, and put your fingers to work on the keys to summon crisp and detailed waveforms, a vibrant and articulate sound that more than honors the rich sonic density synonymous with Moog creations.
· Sound Engine: Analog
· Number of Keys: 25
· Type of Keys: Semi-Weighted
· Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel
· Polyphony: Monophonic
· Sound Sources: 2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Noise Generator
· Oscillator Calibration Range: 22Hz-6.8KHz.Guaranteed note range at 8’ of Note 18 to 116
· Mod Sources: Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp, SH, Filter Envelope
· Mod Destinations: Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch Only, Filter, Waveshape
· Filter: Moog Ladder Filter 20Hz-20Khz
· Audio Input: 1xTS
· Audio Output: 1xTS, 1xTRS Headphone
· Presets: 4 Banks, 4 Patches Per Bank
· MIDI I/O: DIN In, Out, and MIDI over USB
· CV/Gate Inputs: Filter CV, Pitch CV, Volume CV, KB Gate
· Transposition: +/- 2 Octaves
· LFO: 0.1Hz-100Hz
UNDER THE HOOD FEATURES:
· Filter Velocity Sensitivity
· Volume Velocity Sensitivity
· Ext. Audio Level
· Osc2 Beat Frequency
· VCO Gate Reset
· LFO Gate Reset
· Pitch Bend Up Amount
· Pitch Bend Down Amount
· Glide Legato
· Glide Type
· Filter Poles
· Wave Mod. Destination
· LFO KB Tracking
· LFO Range
· Filter EG Reset
· Amp EG Reset
· Gate On/Ext.
· MIDI Ch. In
· MIDI Ch. Out
· Local Control
· 14-Bit MIDI Output
· MIDI Path In
· MIDI Path Out
· MIDI Merge DIN
· MIDI Merge USB
Moog Sub Phatty Synthesizer Sets New Standard for Analog Sound Design
Introducing the Sub Phatty analog synthesizer. The soul and hands-on, real-time sound design functionality of vintage Moog instruments with a completely new — and stunningly aggressive — sound design machine. Fitted with 25 full-size synth action keys, 16 presets with panel mode, and a 31 knob front panel, Moog’s classic control design plugs you straight into the analog heart of this powerful new instrument.
Multi-Platinum recording artist and entrepreneur Jay-Z curates a web-based culture outlet via his Life + Times website. During the Fall of 2012, Moog Music Inc. opened its factory doors to Jay-Z's Life + Times film crew for an unprecedented look inside our Asheville, NC facility.