Sean Michaels' debut novel, US Conductors, is a fictional telling of the life and times of Russian inventor Leon Theremin. Inspired by the true events of Leon Theremin's life, US Conductors follows Theremin's real life journey from the "glitz and glam of New York in the 1930's to the gulags and scientific camps of the Soviet Union."
MOOG SOUND LAB | Sylvan Esso
Amelia and Nick of Sylvan Esso came into the Moog Sound Lab armed with only a Laptop and a voice. Watch as they surround themselves with an array of Moog synthesizers and Moogerfoogers to rework their debut single “Hey Mami”.
How’d they get that sound?
· Amelia is singing through an MF-104M Analog Delay and live looping her voice to create all of the harmonies.
· Kick drum was created using the filter resonance and overload on a Slim Phatty
Why does my Theremini not make any sound?
A) You may need to calibrate your Theremini. Because it is sensitive to it’s surroundings, changes in environment, especially near the volume antenna, can cause the Theremini to not make sound. Simply re-run the simple calibration procedure.
If this does not work:
B) You may need to update your Theremini’s firmware. Click here to download and update:
During Moogfest 2014, we facilitated a two-day workshop in which Moog engineers assisted 125 participants in building Werkstatt, an educational, patchable analog synthesizer designed specifically for the event. It was Moog's first workshop since 1997 when Bob Moog held a theremin workshop in Portland, Maine.
Werkstatt-Ø1 Moogfest 2014 Kit
Available At These Select Dealers:
• Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
• Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
• Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
• Ability to PWM the square wave
• Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
• Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
• Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
• Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
• Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
• Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
• One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
• VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
• VCF Input-5V to +5
• VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
• VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
• LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
• VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
• 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
• 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
• 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
• 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
• 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
• AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
• POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
• POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
AT THE PRESENT TIME, THE WERKSTATT-Ø1 ANALOG SYNTHESIZER IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE US DEALERS LISTED BELOW.
The Moog Werkstatt-Ø1 is a patchable, 100% analog synthesizer whose design is based on classic Moog circuits. Assembly is extremely simple: Any user can quickly build this analog synthesizer with minimal tools and expertise. Through assembly and inspired investigation, the Werkstatt-Ø1 is an excellent platform for exploring the world of analog synthesizer circuits. A lifetime of experimentation, knob twisting, and sound design awaits.