System version 3.3 to 3.4 ?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
tHEbUZZ

System version 3.3 to 3.4 ?

Post by tHEbUZZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 am

Hello, I was wondering how to get from the 3.3 OS to 3.4 OS? Do I need a hardware upgrade or is this a software update? Currently I have System version 3.3 release date 1/18/2007 and boot version 3.3

any info is welcome, thanks
Last edited by tHEbUZZ on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody knows that's what aliens sound like - Dr. Bob Moog

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:01 am

This is a software upgrade.

Please download the following Addendum...and read from page 9 on how to do this : http://www.moogmusic.com/manuals/voy_3_4_Adden.pdf

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 am

Thanks for the quick response, i just found the update zip, ill start reading, cheers

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:46 am

Remember to update the banks in the correct order (B -> A -> C -> D) else you could get into trouble.

On a Mac you could use SysexLibrarian as a program to update....on the PC you could use MidiOx.

Good luck... :)

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:06 pm

I noticed the trouble so far, I'm on PC and couldn't import the sysex file in protools 8, so I updated the voyager editor software to version 3.4.4 and tried to use the build in update utility but I get System exclusive transfer failed message all the time. Gonna try the MidiOx I was already looking for something else. Thanks again and I hope it works this time, I've been trying almost all day now.

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Just used MidiOx And that doesn't work as well, hmmm what's next?

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Are you talking about the Voyager Editor Librarian ( http://www.moogmusic.com/voyager/?secti ... t_id=21257 ) or are you talking about the Operating System of the Voyager itself....because those are 2 different worlds we are talking about.

Please specify exactly what your problem is....i am getting confused... :?

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Yes I'm using the Voyager Editor Librarian, sorry ...
Anyway it doesn't work, still getting the system exclusive transfer has failed !!!!!! message, when using the MIDI-OX application I get the same message. I really have no idea what it could be, cables are connected correctly and the midi input/outputs as well, the hardware is digi 002.

But I just noticed this in the Voyager Editor Librarian's update tool under the help menu " We recommend that you send Bank B first followed by A, C,D if you update from OS 3.1 and ealier " (should be earlier found a typo in the editor) :-)

But I'm updating from 3.3 - after I pressed the receive update i get the message "waiting for system exclusive data transfer of Bank A,B, C or D. when trying in that order I get the "Sysex has failed" message after sending bank A and B, Or in the B, A order. When sending C and D I get " system exclusive transfer was successful" followed by ROM check sum error.

So now I'm wondering if there's a way to revert to OS 3.1, maybe that could work or be the reason it doesn't work? Dunno...

brain_11

Post by brain_11 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:06 pm

I had the same problem and the solution was discussed before. Check out the following links:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5431

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:01 pm

thank for your help Brain, unfortunately it still doesn't work. The main issue is after sending file B i still get the "system exclusive transfer has failed !!!!!! message" instead of the voyager rebooting and asking for the next file. So as long that the first step doesn't work the rest wont as well i think.

I give up for today :shock:

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:04 am

updating day 2: so far no good, i still don't see the reason why the system exclusive data transfer fails ... i do notice that during the transfer progress bar stop when almost complete and then gives me the failed message. SOS !!! am i correct to use channel 1 for the data to pass? thanks

RL

Post by RL » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:17 am

tHEbUZZ wrote:updating day 2: so far no good, i still don't see the reason why the system exclusive data transfer fails ... i do notice that during the transfer progress bar stop when almost complete and then gives me the failed message. SOS !!! am i correct to use channel 1 for the data to pass? thanks
How are the settings of MIDIOX?
Take a look here:

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:20 am

Thank you very much Rudi, this worked like a breeze, I couldn't have done it without. I changed the midi in and output channels on the voyager and the sysex channel to 16 and set the MIDIOX configure like the you're screen shot and it worked. Again thank you very much :D

dave808

Post by dave808 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:48 am

my newly acquired Voyager RME is a V3.2, but system version is v3.3, what does this exactly mean?

are the presets the same in v3.4 or different. as i am thinking of upgrading to OS v3.4

oh yeah btw, i'm new here too :)

RL

Post by RL » Tue May 05, 2009 7:18 pm

dave808 wrote:my newly acquired Voyager RME is a V3.2, but system version is v3.3, what does this exactly mean?

are the presets the same in v3.4 or different. as i am thinking of upgrading to OS v3.4

oh yeah btw, i'm new here too :)
Hi Dave,

this is wrong, the boot version must be the same version as the system version!
You should load the 3.4 versions into your RME and save your presets before the update. I don't know where you can get the actual presets. Maybe the guys from the forum know that.
Have fun,
Rudi