MP-201 OS 1.x wishlist

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Prime NL

MP-201 OS 1.x wishlist

Post by Prime NL » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:09 am

Sorry if this is has been covered in another topic...but some time has past and new ideas came up...so i created a updated one and collected all ideas so far... :)

Anyways...I received my MP-201 yesterday and i am totally in love with this pedal.
This gave my Voyager so many new ways to play with that i am speechless.... 8)

But what is even better about it....new functionalities can be added by a firmware upgrade....so i collected some from all the topics in the controller forum (and added also one of mine) :

- The possibility to turn on/off LFO and EXP modes in one and the same Quad preset would be nice.

- Working gate functionality in Quad mode (display also does not represent state of gate with Volt on display).

- Adding tap tempo functionality to the delay.

- In stead that the value "snaps" on the pedal a pass-thru function could be added for this.

- One channel at a time in Quad and or Single mode option.

- Possibility to disable the MIDI CC signal while editting.

- In Quad mode switching channel with a single tap.

- Averaging functionality to the tap tempo.

- In Quad mode the option to see the channel names.

- MIDI notes to CV.

- Some CP-251 style features - mix CV signals, lag processor.

- Control full range of Moogerfooger knobs.

- "One buton at a time" mode.

- Greater than whole note for MIDI synced LFO.

- MIDI over USB functioning normally.

- Lag processor possibility.

- More / longer time divisions for the MIDI clock divider.

- Possibility to let the MP-201 create aftertouch.

- Simple additive mixing of LFO's.

If somebody has anymore to add to the wishlist please feel then free to share yor ideas... :wink:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:37 am

That about covers it for me, as well! Thanks for this thread! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Julian

Post by Julian » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am

How about a step sequencer type thing? That'd be really cool.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:47 am

Julian wrote:How about a step sequencer type thing? That'd be really cool.
I'd rather see a step sequencer done with hardware, not software. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 pm

I'd really love to see some of these things implemented.

Bryan

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:55 am

I'm certain that most, if not all, these things will be implemented. This IS Moog we're dealing with here. :wink:

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:42 am

Those are all very good ideas. The only one I don't think is possible is the tap tempo for delay. As much as everyone wants it I don't see how it can be possible with redesigning the entire delay pedal. There might be able have the delay time move up in incriments depending on how fast you tap, but I don't think an exact tempo would be possible. But I would also like moog to prove me wrong lol

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:11 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:Those are all very good ideas. The only one I don't think is possible is the tap tempo for delay. As much as everyone wants it I don't see how it can be possible with redesigning the entire delay pedal. There might be able have the delay time move up in incriments depending on how fast you tap, but I don't think an exact tempo would be possible. But I would also like moog to prove me wrong lol
There has been an intensive discussion concerning the problems this could have programming this into the MP-201 : http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5710

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:20 am

Amos says, "...tap tempo for the delay before too terribly long..." so I say it's possible. :wink:

psound74

Post by psound74 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:10 am

Additional idea - in the gate function, could you set bounds for the gate; for example, if I wanted to do a CV octave shift down, gate off = 0volts & gate on = -1volts...

Any ETA on any updates to the mp201 os? (I know we of the forum have asked for a lot of new features.)

psound74

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:37 am

Psound, I am quite sure Amos is very busy at the moment with Little Phatty updates, repairs, Taurus III's, MF 106's etc. I'm sure when he gets the chance, he'll start updating the MP-201. :wink:

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:26 am

Just a bump to see if other folks have additions to the wish list. It sounds like a few of these will be covered in the upcoming update. Personally, I'm hoping we get a CV mix feature.

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:05 am

Thanks for pointing me to this thread... I am now updating the MP-201 firmware, and I really appreciate all these suggestions. I will try to incorporate as many of them as I can. Several are already completed or underway!

-Amos

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 am

Amos wrote:Thanks for pointing me to this thread... I am now updating the MP-201 firmware, and I really appreciate all these suggestions. I will try to incorporate as many of them as I can. Several are already completed or underway!

-Amos
Hopefully by the time the update is complete, I'll be able to afford one. :mrgreen: