Voyager OS 3.4.0 procedure question?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
psound74

Voyager OS 3.4.0 procedure question?

Post by psound74 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi everybody!

I first tried using Midi-OX to upgrade my Voyager Signature Edition from 3.4b to 3.4.0...even after trying the buffer increase mentioned in other posts on this forum, it didn't work.

I then downloaded the new SoundTower editor version, figuring I could upgrade with that...when reading the document provided with the OS, I saw that I was supposed to go in this order Bank B, A, C, D.

Bank B was successful, but after the Voyager rebooted, it wanted Bank D, which went successfully, but then there was no other prompting...

Do I need to load A & C????

Thanks,
Patrick (psound74)

brain_11

Post by brain_11 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:44 pm

Please check out the topic titled: Blank screen.....
http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5431
It explains what you need to do.

RL

Re: Voyager OS 3.4.0 procedure question?

Post by RL » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:36 pm

psound74 wrote:Hi everybody!

I first tried using Midi-OX to upgrade my Voyager Signature Edition from 3.4b to 3.4.0...even after trying the buffer increase mentioned in other posts on this forum, it didn't work.

I then downloaded the new SoundTower editor version, figuring I could upgrade with that...when reading the document provided with the OS, I saw that I was supposed to go in this order Bank B, A, C, D.

Bank B was successful, but after the Voyager rebooted, it wanted Bank D, which went successfully, but then there was no other prompting...

Do I need to load A & C????

Thanks,
Patrick (psound74)
Hi Patrick,
now since version 3.4 there are 4 files for the software. The Voyager always receives a bank at location of bank D. When the checksum is OK the bank will be loaded on the right location. That means after receiving a bank "x" the Voyager needs always bank D.
I hope that brings a little light in the darkness...

Igor

Re: Voyager OS 3.4.0 procedure question?

Post by Igor » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:42 am

Rudy wrote:
The Voyager always receives a bank at location of bank D. When the checksum is OK the bank will be loaded on the right location. That means after receiving a bank "x" the Voyager needs always bank D.
I hope that brings a little light in the darkness...
Seems logical to add this to the O.S. 3.4 Addendum PDF document comes with sysex O.S. files. I've been confused/stacked a lot with Bank_D askings after any bank's loading (the document said nothing about it).
Voyager EB, VX-351, CP-251, Moogerfoogers, Theremin standard, Theremin Plus
DSI Prophet '08, Korg KARMA w/MOSS, Arturia Origin
Mackie Onyx 1620 w/FW, Lexicon MX400, Apogee Duet
OSX/Logic Studio (G4/G5/Intel)

RizalKhan

Post by RizalKhan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:40 pm

I am having the same problem. Did you manage to overcome this?

Can I ask, did your synth already have version 3.4 installed?

I was already on 3.4 and tried to reinstall the OS as I was having problems with something else.

RizalKhan

Post by RizalKhan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:23 am

Please ignore my previous post. I sorted the problem by going down to 3.3 and then up to 3.4 again.