And an even better time to post some PICTURES AND SPECS!! :shock:

-bruce
[size=75]Little Phatty SE, Voyager RME, Kurtz PC2x0, Yamaha CS6x & RS7000
TD-12 VDrums, Pearl Masters' BRX, PD-11
Tascam 2488 & 788, Edirol UM-880
[/size]

ARP

Post by ARP » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Don't count on finding out "secret" info on this message board...your better off checking some of the other synth forums out there for leaked product info. Usually from a distributor or retailer who jumps the gun. Although I really appreciate and enjoy the forum here at Moog, it is usually the last place to obtain any classified info or "spy" shots of new gear.
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

dave500

Post by dave500 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:42 pm

ARP wrote: Although I really appreciate and enjoy the forum here at Moog, it is usually the last place to obtain any classified info or "spy" shots of new gear.
That is very sad I thought we were like family. :(
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

ARP

Post by ARP » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:19 am

dave500 wrote:
ARP wrote: Although I really appreciate and enjoy the forum here at Moog, it is usually the last place to obtain any classified info or "spy" shots of new gear.
That is very sad I thought we were like family. :(
Well even the best families like to keep some things secret and the good folks at Moog are no exception :wink: By doing some digging and probing you sometimes find out a bit more than is being offered here.
I will be waiting for the Black Stealth Moog -aka-Stage Edition LP II. It is tough waiting knowing that Moog has that Grammy Rebate deal this month and the abundance of nice deals on used LPs currently on ebay.

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:02 am

dada wrote:
Amos wrote:it would, wouldn't it? ;)
And the release of Little Phatty 2.0 would be a pretty good time to release a new OS for Little Phatty 1.0 .. wouldn't it? ;)

It will take time.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Well? Any news from Musicmesse?

Bryan

ARP

Post by ARP » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:43 am

http://www.sequencer.de/events/musikmes ... %20MI.html

Try this link...scroll down to the pic of the little phatty with the "new" sign over it. Unfortunately no info but you can tell by looking at the top of the LP that the back panel is now black, not the best pic but the first i've seen on the net of the LP II

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Strange, i was expecting a more radical facelift than that.

ARP

Post by ARP » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Yes, it looks like the only visual change is the back panel will be black.

boose44

Post by boose44 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 pm

ARP wrote:http://www.sequencer.de/events/musikmes ... %20MI.html

Try this link...scroll down to the pic of the little phatty with the "new" sign over it. Unfortunately no info but you can tell by looking at the top of the LP that the back panel is now black, not the best pic but the first i've seen on the net of the LP II
Man, that was some catch and you've got very good eyes!

I missed that completely when I first looked at it.

Amos, we are we going to get more pics and specs?

-bruce
[size=75]Little Phatty SE, Voyager RME, Kurtz PC2x0, Yamaha CS6x & RS7000
TD-12 VDrums, Pearl Masters' BRX, PD-11
Tascam 2488 & 788, Edirol UM-880
[/size]

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi, I assume there will be more pics soon, probably good ones after the Musikmesse is over. I think there are already some pictures here but I don't know where they are located.

As for the specs, there is no change to the analog hardware vs. the LP Stage Edition. There is MIDI via standard DIN connectors and via USB , which is new. The specs are not final but this should offer some nice flexibility; possibly it will be able to act as a USB MIDI hub for other MIDI gear as well.

The biggest new features are software-based, and these features will also be available to all LP Stage version 1 owners as soon as the new OS is released.

I am working on debugging the arpeggiator now, and it is magnificent! Really very playable and fun. The arpeggiator has the following specs:

Patterns: UP, DOWN, ORDERED. (Random is planned but not yet implemented)
Modes: LOOP, OSCILLATE
Octaves: -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3
Latch on/off

This provides a lot of flexibility. Here is how it works:
Modes: LOOP means that the pattern is played from beginning to end, and then again from beginning to end (equivalent to a ramp wave driving a sequencer). OSCILLATE means that the pattern is played from beginning to end, and then in reverse back to the beginning (equivalent to a triangle wave driving a sequencer).
The Octaves setting is used to repeat the pattern at sequential octaves away from the original notes; 0 plays only the original notes entered, +1 plays the original pattern and then repeats it one octave up; -2 plays the original pattern and then repeats it one octave down, then repeats it two octaves down.
So, you can get the classic "Up/Down" pattern by setting Pattern = UP, Octaves = +1, Mode = OSCIL. "Down/Up" would be Pattern = DOWN, Octaves = -1, Mode = OSCIL. However, the fact that these settings are distinct from one another means that you can get some novel patterns also; for example you can have the notes you enter play back from highest to lowest (pattern = DOWN) but repeat this downward pattern an octave higher, and then again an octave higher (Octaves = +2)... and then reverse, playing the notes low-to high but repeating at descending octaves.

Pattern = ORDER is very nice also, as it allows you to arpeggiate notes in the order you play them, for more interesting melodic phrases. This also works in OSCIL mode, so that the arpeggiator will play a phrase in the order you enter the notes, and then in reverse order.

Of course the arpeggiator will Latch, also, which means that you can lock in an arpeggiation and let it burble happily away whilst your hands are free to turn knobs. It's really fun!

That's all the specs I have for now... back to the testing... :)

-Amos

PS) I think the plan is to include an all-new bank of presets with the Stage 2, including the Taurus patch collection... also, I am playing with the Glide time while the arpeggiator is running and getting some very beautiful squelchy acid sounds... you can toggle Glide on/off for some 303-like slides.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm actually really glad that the spec is the same as the v.1 except for the new USB functionality. Maybe i'm a little bit selfish, but i really love my LP and i was dreading a v.2 upgrade that would render the v.1 clearly inferior.

Looking forward to the new OS very much now! The arpeggiator sounds great - hope the rest of testing goes well :)

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Amos wrote:That's all the specs I have for now... back to the testing... :)

-Amos

PS) I think the plan is to include an all-new bank of presets with the Stage 2, including the Taurus patch collection... also, I am playing with the Glide time while the arpeggiator is running and getting some very beautiful squelchy acid sounds... you can toggle Glide on/off for some 303-like slides.
Awesome! Thanks for the update. My wife is urging me to get a Moog synth and I think this will be it.

Bryan

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Bryan T wrote:My wife is urging me to get a Moog synth
That's a keeper right there. :)