Receiving Single Presets

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dizz

Receiving Single Presets

Post by dizz » Sat May 05, 2007 4:55 pm

First off, I don't have the Editor SW or HW upgrade. I saved some of my own patches to the PC no prob. When I load them back onto the Vger they automatically get saved to the original position they came from. (Can't assign a new #) I also have some patches I "borrowed" form the old Squarewave site. (we miss you Greg). These patches seem to get loaded into the edit buffer. I can go to the edit menu and save them to whatever location I prefer. Were these patches saved using the Editor SW? Do I need the Editor SW to be able to save patches and reload/reassign them to whatever # I prefer within the bank? I hope this clear enough and my apologies if this has been discussed previously.

regards,

dizz

RL

Post by RL » Sun May 06, 2007 7:25 am

Hi ,
take a look here:
http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... ound+sysex
This is a very nice tool from Till to convert the SysEx preset files to edit files.
Have fun,
Rudi

GregAE

Re: Receiving Single Presets

Post by GregAE » Sun May 06, 2007 9:36 am

dizz wrote:First off, I don't have the Editor SW or HW upgrade. I saved some of my own patches to the PC no prob. When I load them back onto the Vger they automatically get saved to the original position they came from. (Can't assign a new #) I also have some patches I "borrowed" form the old Squarewave site. (we miss you Greg). These patches seem to get loaded into the edit buffer. I can go to the edit menu and save them to whatever location I prefer. Were these patches saved using the Editor SW? Do I need the Editor SW to be able to save patches and reload/reassign them to whatever # I prefer within the bank? I hope this clear enough and my apologies if this has been discussed previously.

regards,

dizz
All of the SquareWave patches were saved using the Voyager's "Send Panel Sound" menu option (Master menu 3.1). This was done to insure that the patch would load into the Voyager's edit buffer instead of overwritting a patch in another memory location and making you go hunt for it.

Till Kopper's software program (the one recommended by RL) basically replaces the fixed memory location with the Voyager's edit buffer location code, ensuring that the patch loads to the edit buffer (nice work, Till!). It's handy to convert fixed
memory location presets into something more flexible.

Obviously, you don't need the editor - but it sure is nice to have, especially if you're doing a lot of tweaking!

- Greg

till

Post by till » Sun May 06, 2007 11:04 am

The little helper Rudi and Greg are talking about can be downloaded for free in a PC version here:
http://inet-cad.de/voyager/2-Voyager-edit_Win.zip (692 kB)

and a Mac version here:
http://inet-cad.de/voyager/2-Voyager-editX_Mac.zip (944 kB)

The edit the single sound dump file sysex data. open the application and select the file to checked or transformed (if needed). And it will then asks were to save the file if it was not going to the edit buffer. If the file was saved from an patch that was just edited (maybe only the headphone volume) then it is saved to go to the edit buffer when dumped from the Voyager. And such a file will not be altered by the little application. And the tool will tell you it is going to the edit buffer. So it is save to use this tool for all files before dumping single files to the Voyager.
No more overwriting of saved sounds.

Feel free to hare this little tool with Voyager friends you know. Each selfmade sound should be protected from being overwritten by some dumps of sounds that go to some memory location without warning you.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

dizz

Post by dizz » Sun May 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks very much guys. The utility works great Till. I didn't know it existed. Not to keep rambling but when I do "Send Panel Sound" I thought it would send the actual panel parameters but it seems to send the preset-the same as using Master 3.2 "Send Preset(s) But it will let me load it back to the Vger to which ever location I want. Maybe I'm cornfused. Anyway-problem solved and thanks again.

regards,

dizz

till

Post by till » Mon May 07, 2007 11:39 am

The "Send Panel Sound" is what is in the current buffer. And it is send to the current buffer. Some manufatures name this edit buffer. This is not saying that the actual pots and switch possition is dumped. But this is also possible by the help of the "Real Panel Contr." in the EDIT menu

"Send Preset(s)" is sending what is stored in the given memory slot. And it will received in this slot.

I hopes this helps de-confusing you, if you should be confused about the difference..
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

dizz

Post by dizz » Mon May 07, 2007 8:15 pm

O.K. I am now de-confused. Thanks again for the expert help.

regards,

dizz