Engaging mod wheel without a modwheel?

Everything Phatty.
Moogtard

Engaging mod wheel without a modwheel?

Post by Moogtard » Tue May 31, 2011 5:14 pm

I am using a Slim Phatty to process the audio of a farfisa pro duo organ. I am curious if there is a way to apply the sine wave from the LFO to the filter without having a modulation wheel connected to the SP?

tagirov

Re: Engaging mod wheel without a modwheel?

Post by tagirov » Tue May 31, 2011 9:20 pm

you may set the modulation amount via midi CC #1 if you able to control the synth via midi

also, you may assign CC 1 MOD WHEEL to some pot on the panel using Advanced Preset -> Pot Map and use this pot as mod wheel
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:43 am

:oops: There is a way using the mod amount knob. I don't have a slim (lp user) but remember it being mentioned. In one mode the mod amount controls the mod amount for the wheel at max. In another mode the mod amount knob acts as the mod wheel. It is preprogramed into the slim os, but pot mapping would work.

Moogtard

Post by Moogtard » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks guys. Turns out what you are describing Sir Nose is as simple as holding down the Amount button so it starts blinking. At this point the mod section pot acts as a mod wheel. Much like the tap tempo function on the rate button. The people at Moog are smart.