New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Everything Phatty.
Sir Nose

Re: New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:09 am

Auto sync option would be nice, but I would need it to be an option not the only choice.

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi All,

Here's the second release candidate. I believe I have fixed the issue with stuck notes when Hold pedal is used, and I fixed another bug or two involving the octave up/down buttons while holding chords in Poly mode (which is very fun, BTW).

If nobody finds any new show-stoppers, this is the release. Really, this time ;)

OS v3.1 665 RC2 for LP Tribute Edition
OS v3.1 665 RC2 for LP Stage / Stage II Edition
OS v3.1 665 RC2 for Slim Phatty

Please test this as much as you can... I guess we'll do the release on Monday if all goes well. Your eyes and ears are a critical help to me.

Thanks!

-Amos

Johnny Rāšā

Post by Johnny Rāšā » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:57 am

too bad for the V3.1 666, satan's defeated once more...
thanx for the hardwork.

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:16 am

actually, if you want to know...

I found a bug in v665; pot mapping settings can't be saved. I've fixed this now... but it means the version number must be incremented.

I'm a little bit torn; I personally am not superstitious and would be amused at v666 being the release build number. I feel like I'd better check with my superiors to be sure it's OK with them, though... new skyscrapers still don't have 13th floors, often enough... people are funny like that.
Last edited by Amos on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Assar

Post by Assar » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 am

Amos wrote:actually, if you want to know...

I found a bug in v665; pot mapping settings can't be saved. I've fixed this now... but it means the version number must be incremented.

I'm a little but torn; I personally am not superstitious and would be amused at v666 being the release build number. I feel like I'd better check with my superiors to be sure it's OK with them, though... new skyscrapers still don't have 13th floors, often enough... people are funny like that.
I think you should release a version 666 and a 667 that is almost the same, except for some extra nasty feature in the 666 version.
:D
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Benjamin AM

Post by Benjamin AM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:34 am

Two small bugs:
The first has to do with a stuck note that occurs while menu surfing. If you depress and hold a sustain pedal while under the Gate in option:CV/Hold and switch back the plain CV option the note will stick when the pedal is released. To undo this, you have to flip back to one of the options with Hold and step on the sustain pedal again.
The second bug deals with this new Gate in, hold option and Arpeggiators sequence function: order. While both of these parameters are selected for a patch, I find that the Arp. gets bound up easily. Say if, C, E, G are selected(in a +1 octave Arp), the Arp will play C1, E1, G1, C2, E2, G2, then just repeat C1. It's weird, it seems to bound up randomly. The best way that I found to simulate the problem is to have the Arp set to order, have the gate in set to hold. Now hold the sustain pedal down and hit a three note chord like three times. It should go through the Arp order once or twice and change by repeating only part of the sequence. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Amos wrote:actually, if you want to know...

I'm a little bit torn; I personally am not superstitious and would be amused at v666 being the release build number. I feel like I'd better check with my superiors to be sure it's OK with them, though... new skyscrapers still don't have 13th floors, often enough... people are funny like that.
HAHA, the local guitar center is located on 666 Route 18. My wife says "figures" and "...you won't catch me in there..."
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Sigue Sigue Huil

Post by Sigue Sigue Huil » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Well, the Phatties are a beast of a synth - and 666 is the beast's number after all.

gabestigmatic

Post by gabestigmatic » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:50 am

Wait a second... Did you completely remove the ability to change which way the arp is going? (UP/DOWN/UPTHENDOWN) Or did you just move it? Because I can't find it and it is actually one of my favorite features of the arp. It keeps things from getting to stale with the arp.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 am

gabestigmatic wrote:Wait a second... Did you completely remove the ability to change which way the arp is going? (UP/DOWN/UPTHENDOWN) Or did you just move it? Because I can't find it and it is actually one of my favorite features of the arp. It keeps things from getting to stale with the arp.
Nope, this has not changed or moved; it's still on the ADVANCED PRESET->ARPEGGIATOR menu.

The new ARP SETUP menu does not 100% duplicate the Advanced Preset/Arpeggiator menu; only CLOCK SOURCE, CLOCK DIVISIONS, and GATE LENGTH have a global setting as well as a per-preset setting. Arp OCTAVES, PATTERN, and MODE are only set per-preset.
I did not have enough code space to duplicate these functions at the global level.

No more bugs found over the weekend? In that case, I think we're ready to release.

Benjamin AM's bugs have been fixed. Thanks for the catch!

joe_moog

Post by joe_moog » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Amos wrote: No more bugs found over the weekend? In that case, I think we're ready to release.
I just got back into town, and messed with a 3-Phatty setup in Poly as much as I could, and everything seemed great. No more "disappearing" voice issues, and I really like the note-stealing scheme!
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector

gabestigmatic

Post by gabestigmatic » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Lol, my bad. I so wish I could afford some Slim Phattys for a poly setup, I would bleep myself.

Electrolight

Post by Electrolight » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I think I found a bug, but I don't know if it has been said yet..
When I connect my yamaha digital piano to my moog with a simple midi cable, and I play on the keyboard of the yamaha, I sometimes get stick notes, sometimes even notes I haven't played. sometimes it doesn't play anything, though the arrow in the display screen does show it's recieving midi... pretty strange, and annoying because I like to play the moog on my digital piano

something else is that the arpeggiator skips some notes, just doesn't play a few... maybe this one has been said too I don't know
(i'm on the LP stage II)

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:33 pm

In my experience, the Phatty always plays the MIDI notes I send it and doesn't play notes I don't send, unless there's a problem with the MIDI it's getting.

In your case, I'd swap in a new MIDI cable and make sure that doesn't change anything,
then try the Yamaha as a MIDI controller for some other synth (hardware or software, whatever you've got) using the same MIDI output/cable from the Yamaha... then hook up the Yamaha to some computer software like Midi Monitor for Mac or MIDIOX for Windows, and monitor the MIDI output from the Yamaha to be sure it looks normal.

It could be a problem with the LP, but if something so basic wasn't working on all units we'd be hearing a lot about it. That suggests it's something within your setup that could perhaps be trouble-shot...

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Oh, I almost forgot... here are the final (I hope they're final) v3.1 files:

OS v3.1 667 for Little Phatty Tribute Edition

OS v3.1 667 for Little Phatty Stage / Stage II Edition

OS v3.1 667 for Slim Phatty

I will post complete update packs for folks still on Little Phatty OS 2.1 and below, later this week.

Cheers,

Amos