New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Everything Phatty.
hughyg

Re: New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Post by hughyg » Sun May 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi
I think this is a stupid question. Do I load the hex file found on page 11 to get latest firmware? I loaded the very first one Amos posted (653), and can't fine the triplet lfo settings.

hughyg

Post by hughyg » Mon May 30, 2011 5:54 am

Sorted it out myself. Amos you've done good reallllly good! Makes this lp 10x more better!

mico

Post by mico » Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 am

So, with the new firmware update, the Taurus 3 can no longer be MIDI-stacked (Moog poly-chained) with SPs? Am I understanding this correct or does the Taurus 3 use a similar architecture to the LP/SP series and is different from the Voyager in this respect? I read the response given earlier on the subject of the Voyager, but there didn't seem to a direct response given to if the same applies to the Taurus 3 as well.

Thanks in advance!
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue May 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi There, phatty tribute with 3.1.663
i plugged a sustain pedal into CV/gate in, set GAte in to Hold, and when i push the pedal, nothing is holding...
can't make it work.

ideas welcome..

barkingdog

Post by barkingdog » Tue May 31, 2011 5:29 pm

YEAH!
updated successfully from 1.3, all was smooth and beautiful! now i have to learn how to operate the new features, i´m a bit confused right now. is there a new manual in planning for the new features? all the lfo-arp-sync-stuff? would be great to me, because i´m a bit of a butterbrain concerning all the midi stuff :? . my mpc should be able to control the arp, shouldn´t it?

THANKS for phantastic online service and customer support

Benjamin AM

Post by Benjamin AM » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:55 am

haiku-ish wrote:Hi There, phatty tribute with 3.1.663
i plugged a sustain pedal into CV/gate in, set GAte in to Hold, and when i push the pedal, nothing is holding...
can't make it work.

ideas welcome..
Will the sustain pedal hold an arpeggiation with the latch setting off?
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:02 am

Hi all, I am back from Detroit.

Lots of work on the Phatty OS tonight; I think regular Poly mode is good now, with no more lost notes.

Yes, the Hold pedal function will hold an arpeggiation with latch setting off. The pattern will continue to play until the Hold pedal is released.

haiku-ish, I'll test to make sure the Hold function is working in all modes before posting the next update.

New update coming, probably tomorrow...

Cheers,

Amos

gar1013

Post by gar1013 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the analog controls behaving like you're in snap mode, even if you're in track or pass thru?

It's not a 100% occurance, but it seems like it's worst when you use the buttons to change what parameter the knobs are controlling.

barkingdog

Post by barkingdog » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:12 am

Yes, I have the same issue, the LEDs on my pots move too fast. hmmmm...

gabestigmatic

Post by gabestigmatic » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 pm

So I'm already having issues with the arp. I'll be holding down a chord and change one note as it repeats the sequence (I do this often) and it does fine until the fourth repeat... Then it gets stuck on the first note until you play another note or chord. This is a huge problem for me as I can't exactly have the arp get stuck in the middle of a song live. Also, how would I set up both the LP and Pro Tools so that Pro Tools receives MIDI Clock from the LP.

Basically I want the metronome/session bpm to change when I mess with the bpm on the LP. It's a cool effect to speed up or slow down the song. And makes it easier for my Reason drum stuff to follow that kind of change. It would be cool to know how to set it up in an opposite fashion as well. I tried to do it before on OS2 and now that I switched over to the latest update of OS3 I still can't figure this out.

I was hoping it would be easier as this was the feature that was giving me the most issues (MIDI Clock and getting it to sync at all). I'm sure it works fine Amos, but I still can't figure it out for the life of me.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:47 pm

gar1013: I'm not having this problem with the knob modes; track works like it should both in local on and local off, for me.

gabe: bummer about the arp; I've done a lot of work on the arp and note stack in this new version; please try it ASAP.

EVERYONE: HERE'S THE FIRST RELEASE CANDIDATE. PLEASE TEST IT AS SOON (and as much) AS YOU CAN!

Firmware v3.1 RC1 (664) for Tribute Edition

Firmware v3.1 RC1 (664) for Stage Edition / Stage II

Firmware v3.1 RC1 (664) for Slim Phatty

Most of you probably know the drill by now; these are simple hex files which you send to the Phatty using the PhattyLoader application for Mac OSX or Windows. Put the Phatty in bootloader mode by powering it on with the MASTER button held down.

By the way, looks like there is a PhattyLoader coming for PowerPC Macs in the near future, for any of you who could use such a thing.

Updates in this version:

Lots of work on the note stack and arpeggiator. Poly mode seems very solid to me now, and poly arpeggiation is very fun. Hold mode cleaned up and working. So far, this seems to be really solid. We'd like to release as soon as we can, and so I need your help to test this as much as possible in the next couple of days. If we don't find any show-stoppers, this is the one.

If you notice anything unusual, please bring it to my attention right away!

Thanks so much. You guys are great. :)

-Amos

spin

Post by spin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 am

thank you very much for update! :D

ehi amos, i have updated both slim phatty and little phatty. I found that each preset is 1 octave upper...is this normal?

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 am

spin, does this change persist after a couple of power cycles? I noticed the same on one or two units when I first loaded the new firmware, but I rebooted and the octave transposition was normal again. I'll look into this but I have not seen it persist yet...

mesa

Post by mesa » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 am

when changing the octave up or down it seems to take longer an before it was instant now seems like it waits for the key thats being pressed to finish then it changes.
Moog Slim phatty, Moog Sub 37, Moog Minataur, Dave Smith Tetra, Win10 64bit, Ableton Live 9.6, Ableton Push, Focusrite Scarlet 6I6, Arturia Beatstep Pro.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:09 am

mesa wrote:when changing the octave up or down it seems to take longer an before it was instant now seems like it waits for the key thats being pressed to finish then it changes.
Fixed this - thanks very much to you and to spin for the quick feedback! I really appreciate it.

I had to make some changes to the octave transpose function to work better in poly mode... This bug that you caught was an unintended consequence and only happened on the Slim. Moved one line of code to a different place,and it's good now. :)

Please keep the feedback coming... Cheers :)