New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Everything Phatty.
Spaace

Re: New Firmware v3.1 for Slim Phatty, LP Stage and Tribute

Post by Spaace » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:36 am

It's not working. Connected USB.

"On the LP, you should see "USB UPGRADED" on the LCD screen".

I don't see it. The screen isn't changing. The computer does say "Sysex sent. Monitor device activity light for completion".

I tried the next step and FW Update is on and it says "On the Little Phatty LCD screen, you should see RX FIRMWARE". I don't see that either. "When the Little Phatty boots up, you should now see "WRITING NEW BOOTLOADER" on the LCD, followed by "BOOTLOADER WRITTEN" Nope, I tried restarting it. LCD isn't showing anything different. :evil:

I have 2.2. Stage II, Win 7.

Spaace

Post by Spaace » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:08 am

Nevermind, after giving up and playing for awhile the screen eventually showed "USB Upgraded". I got it now. Cool.

mikeytrw

Post by mikeytrw » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Hi,

Since the 3.1 upgrade on my 4 month old LP stage II my phatty has started to behave oddly with the analogue track mode.

As soon as I switch to a new patch, the pot values all slowly move to the pot locations as if i'd 'tweaked' them all. really annoying because I lose my patch as soon as I've loaded it.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Amos, let me know if you need some more info, I'll try and take a video of the behaviour net time i see it.

Thanks for OS 3.1 btw, such great improvements - my favourites: Legato glide, CC filter and ability to adjust LFO rate when midi synced :D

THANKS!

nathanscribe

Post by nathanscribe » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 am

OK, one more bug related to the Arpeggiator:

When coming out of the arpeggiator, the LP does not resume its standard octave setting. Instead, it retains the octave set by the arpeggiator when you left it.

For example, set up a 3 octave arp, play around with it, and stop the arpeggiator (ie, click on the value knob to exit the arp) and rather than go back to the octave setting default for that patch, the octave remains at the octave it was playing when stopped.

This also affects all the other patches - it's a global effect. The only way to get back your original octave is to stop the arpeggiator on the 0 octave.

Trixodium

Post by Trixodium » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 pm

is it possible to reverse an earlier version of the Little Phatty version 2.21 and then install version 3.1

I explain I install the Beta version that was on the forum and from the final version 3.1 is finally out I can not install a

So I go back and then you can install the final version 3.1

thank you in advance for your help because I confess to being somewhat in the galley

Trixodium

Post by Trixodium » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

is it possible to reverse an earlier version of the Little Phatty version 2.21 and then install version 3.1

I explain I install the Beta version that was on the forum and from the final version 3.1 is finally out I can not install a

thank you in advance for your help because I confess to being somewhat in the galley

Trixodium

Post by Trixodium » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Rfx

Post by Rfx » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 am

Hi Amos, is possible to get a new sysex presets bank for the stage/s with the arp settings right?, perhaps someone with an editor could change them to correct values in no time. Thanks in advance.

Sore_Knee

Post by Sore_Knee » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:55 am

mikeytrw wrote:Hi,

Since the 3.1 upgrade on my 4 month old LP stage II my phatty has started to behave oddly with the analogue track mode.

As soon as I switch to a new patch, the pot values all slowly move to the pot locations as if i'd 'tweaked' them all. really annoying because I lose my patch as soon as I've loaded it.

Anyone else seen this problem?
yeah mine was doing it. it wasn;t related to the upgrade, but the fact it was plugged into a laptop (with an unearthed power supply)

unplug it from everything except the power and see if it still does it.

I fixed it by running an earth to the case of my audio interface and isolating the USB.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 am

Trixodium wrote:is it possible to reverse an earlier version of the Little Phatty version 2.21 and then install version 3.1

Skip the "install the bootloader" bit, as you've already got it now.
To update from v3 to a newer version of v3, switch off the power to the Phatty, press and hold the MASTER button while switching on the power. Then press PRESET to confirm you want to load the new firmware. Start the PhattyLoader software and send the update. That should get you there...

PS) bugfix update coming shortly

djfood

Post by djfood » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:48 am

mikeytrw wrote:
Hi,

Hello I have the same kind of problem with analog track mode but only when I use the PASS THRUE option, but it was the option I'd like so I must find an issue!!!

I like to contact Amos to tell her that it seems there is something wrong for some of us with this option since the updates... I install the final version but the system don't update when I start my LP back the screen display OS version 663, I guess ....

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm

djfood wrote: I install the final version but the system don't update when I start my LP back the screen display OS version 663, I guess ....
Hi djfood and all:

If you already have v3.1 firmware and you want to update to a newer firmware version, do this:

1) turn off Phatty, hold down MASTER button while turning power back on.
2) press PRESET to confirm you want to update the firmware.
3) Connect MIDI from your computer to the Phatty; on your computer open the PhattyLoader software.
4) In PhattyLoader, select File->Open... and open the latest xxx_System_v3_1_xxx.hex file
5) Select Device = your Midi output device, Timing: 128 bytes / 500 ms, then click Update Firmware.

That should accomplish the update.

Here are latest files for all versions:

v3.1 672 for LP Tribute Edition

v3.1 672 for LP Stage / Stage II Edition

v3.1 672 for Slim Phatty

mini_kmart

Post by mini_kmart » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 am

Spaace wrote:It's not working. Connected USB.

"On the LP, you should see "USB UPGRADED" on the LCD screen".

I don't see it. The screen isn't changing. The computer does say "Sysex sent. Monitor device activity light for completion".

I tried the next step and FW Update is on and it says "On the Little Phatty LCD screen, you should see RX FIRMWARE". I don't see that either. "When the Little Phatty boots up, you should now see "WRITING NEW BOOTLOADER" on the LCD, followed by "BOOTLOADER WRITTEN" Nope, I tried restarting it. LCD isn't showing anything different. :evil:

I have 2.2. Stage II, Win 7.
I am having the same problem USB connection and cant install the bootloader. The computer says its transfered, but nothing comes up on the LP.

HELP!

nathanscribe

Post by nathanscribe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 am

Just want to say thanks Amos, 672 works great. 8)

electronicpoison

Post by electronicpoison » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:24 am

Hai Amos, what do you change in your latest update from 671 to 672 :?: