JUNO 6 VCF CONTROL INPUT

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
impact studios

JUNO 6 VCF CONTROL INPUT

Post by impact studios » Thu May 21, 2009 7:51 pm

I have a Roland Juno 6 and wondered if i can take the lfo outputs from my moogerfooger ringmod and phaser to control the filter input on my Roland Juno 6 ....
I dont have the manual for the Roland , but i think its supposed to be used with a roland expression pedal...
Little Phatty Stage Mk2 : CP-251 Control Processor : MF-102 Ring Mod : MF-103 Phaser :

Lux_Seeker

Re: JUNO 6 VCF CONTROL INPUT

Post by Lux_Seeker » Thu May 21, 2009 8:06 pm

impact studios wrote:I have a Roland Juno 6 and wondered if i can take the lfo outputs from my moogerfooger ringmod and phaser to control the filter input on my Roland Juno 6 ....
I dont have the manual for the Roland , but i think its supposed to be used with a roland expression pedal...
My guess, and that is all it is, is no. Expression pedals, at least the ones I have, all provide only a sound of resistance, they don't have power so I doubt a CV source would work and perhaps would do damage.

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Thu May 21, 2009 8:12 pm

impact studios wrote:I have a Roland Juno 6 and wondered if i can take the lfo outputs from my moogerfooger ringmod and phaser to control the filter input on my Roland Juno 6 ....
Correction, Juno's filter control in will take a CV input. There may be an issue with the votage range but otherwise, there may not be a problem. One issue however would be the fact that fooger voltages are both negative and positive. I I leve some of the experts here to answer this one more fully, I don't want to lead you astray on this one.

impact studios

Post by impact studios » Thu May 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks foi the info sofar...
Anyone else know if its safe to try...?
Little Phatty Stage Mk2 : CP-251 Control Processor : MF-102 Ring Mod : MF-103 Phaser :

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Fri May 22, 2009 4:51 am

im sure it will work fine
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik

anaivemistake

Post by anaivemistake » Fri May 22, 2009 9:19 pm

i haven't tried a fooger into the VCF of my JUNO 6, but I have run CV into via my Future Retro Mobius Sequencer. It definitley added some movement to the sound by opening and closing the filter with high and low voltages.

impact studios

Post by impact studios » Sat May 23, 2009 7:28 am

So it should be safe to try the LFO output from my ringmod into the VCF input on the Juno then...
Is it possible to cause damage in anyway

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:04 am

impact studios wrote:So it should be safe to try the LFO output from my ringmod into the VCF input on the Juno then...
Is it possible to cause damage in anyway
As long as the Juno 6 is compatible with +/- 5 VDC, there shouldn't be a problem. That's a relatively common voltage for synths other than modulars.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sun May 24, 2009 12:45 pm

i used the lfo out from my mf-102 to control a juno 60, no probs.
www.ctrlshft.com

MarbledMoog

Post by MarbledMoog » Sun May 24, 2009 10:27 pm

yeah definetly seems like it will be fine to try if, as stated it adheres to the +- 5v and it should also be 1 volt per octave i believe. I'm prettys sure roland uses that standard, only a couple like korg use other standards.

lux_seeker: expression pedals meant for use with synth gear typically are CV sources themselves and recieve power from the jack.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 25, 2009 1:57 am

MarbledMoog wrote:yeah definetly seems like it will be fine to try if, as stated it adheres to the +- 5v and it should also be 1 volt per octave i believe. I'm prettys sure roland uses that standard, only a couple like korg use other standards.

lux_seeker: expression pedals meant for use with synth gear typically are CV sources themselves and recieve power from the jack.
Roland is in fact 1 V per octave. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

impact studios

Post by impact studios » Mon May 25, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks for everyones help with this...
I gave it a try and it works perfectly ...
Adds a new sound to my Juno, which im very happy with... :lol:

PaulSynth

Post by PaulSynth » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:49 pm

After seeing this post on the Moog Music forum not too long ago, I had to try it for myself with my own Juno-6 and the 12-Stage Phaser. Works awesome and it sounds like something out of an 80's slasher flick. Adds so much more depth and atmospheric tension to the sound of my Juno-6. The Lo setting is rather unimpressive but with the Hi setting around 125; it's like Maximum Polyphonic Overdrive. Highly Recommended. Also added the Strymon El Capistan Tape Echo and that took the sound to an even crazier dimension.