500 Series Analog Delay
"The Moog 500 Delay has instantly become part of every mix I do. It sounds great and the MIDI control is ridiculous!." - Andrew Scheps (Adelle, Jay -Z, Michael Jackson, The Mars Volta).
Voted Pro Sound Network Best In Show at AES 2012
The Moog Analog Delay is the world’s first delay designed exclusively for the 500 series format. It is a MIDI syncable module that features a 100% analog signal path, front panel MIDI, and an assignable Tap Tempo/CV jack. Included with each unit is a free VST/AU/RTAS editor for easy implementation into any recording, live, or performance situation.
Out of the box you get 800ms of the warmest, and most musical delay on the planet. No emulation plugin can impart depth and life into your mixes like the Analog Delay.
The Analog Delay has been designed with tone, connectivity, and flexibility at the forefront. Moog’s engineering team worked tirelessly to deliver a 500 Series module with an incredibly clean front end that could easily pushed into a warm, natural overdrive for saturated delay trails or beyond for more distorted effects.
Though not on the front panel, the Analog Delay features a 6 Waveshape LFO that allows you to create other time based effects such as tape delay, chorus and extreme modulated sounds. The LFO can be easily accessed via MIDI or the free VST/AU/RTAS Analog Delay plug-in editor.
Also accessible via the editor are advanced features like Tap/CV input routing, Keyboard Control settings, Clock Divisions and a Delay Multiplier for access to illegal times up to 4x the front panel position. The Tap/CV input also can be fed audio from a click track to act as a tap tempo source.
The 500 series Analog Delay combines the sound of the ultimate analog delay with convenient digital control and flexibility to create the perfect recording and live sound tool.
• 35-800ms Analog Delay Time
• .5x/1.0x Time and Filter Switch
• 30dB of Input Drive and Output Gain
• Assignable ¼” Tap Tempo and CV input
• MIDI Control
• 6 Waveshape LFO
• Free VST/AU/RTAS editor (AAX coming soon)
• Stereo Linkable
• Balanced line level via 500 rack. +19dBµ to -11dBµ
• Input Impedance: 1MΩ Differential or single ended, common Mode 48KΩ.
• Output Impedance: Nominally 50Ω differential 25Ω single ended.
• Max. Output Level: Better than +22dBµ, balanced.
• Drive Gain: 30dB Range of control
• Output Gain: 30dB Range of control
• Frequency Response: Better than +/-0.5dB 20Hz – 20KHz pass band. Better than +/- 1.5dB 5Hz – 24KHz pass band.
• Bypass: Hard Relay True Bypass
• Power Consumption: 130mA +16V, <60mA -16V
• Four NOS Panasonic Low Noise High Voltage BBDs
• Premium "esoteric" TI/Burr Brown OPA1644 Op amps used throughout the analog signal path.
• Premium "Metallized Polyphenylene-Sulphide Film capacitors in the filter section.
• 2 Dual High quality Moog 6th order filters for anti alias and clock removal functions
• Premium THAT high CMRR front end with Servo DC Nulling.
• Premium THAT cross coupled differential drive output stage.
• Ultra fast, low noise linear power supply regulators for the lowest noise possible in an analog delay.
• Premium audiophile grade op amp upgrades though out for the lowest distortion and noise possible.
• Upgraded High speed Low noise op amp upgrades for all CV and control sections.
• Upgrades to the capacitors in all key sonic points to reduce microphonics, noise and improve sonic quality.
• 2.5 - 3.5 times the sonic headroom and rails in the audio signal path.
• Premium differential input and output sections utilizing DC servo modified THAT Corporation receivers and transmitters. (THAT In Genius 1200 Transformer simulating reviever with Moog designed DC servo offset removing, featuring over 1M input impedance and very high common mode rejection ratio, THAT Corp OutSmarts 1646 Balanced Line Driver for balanced transformer like floating outputs).
• Ultra Low noise and fast transient response linear regulators and voltage isolation networks.
• Complete design re-visitation with many small tweaks and adjustments to significantly open the sonic filed, warmth, lower noise and improve the sonic quality.
• True relay hard bypass.
• Low noise and low distortion gain and mixing sections with less coloration and distortion in the gain and mixing sections.
• Significantly lower noise, distortion, microphonics, and other objectionable artifacts due to improved components and design improvements.
• No VCA in the input, output, or mixer sections for lowered noise, distortion and coloration
• Stereo linking capability and firmware improvements for a wide variety of mono to stereo delay effects and and stereo I/O capability
• Improved and expanded LFO capabilities.
• Lower distortion and higher accuracy BBD chain due to the addition of 5 trimmer pots to dial in the BBD recombining balance and gain stage accuracy.
• Improved high end MUX circuitry in the 6th order anti alias filters and clock removal filters for lower noise and distortion.
• Added analog click track to tap tempo tracking.
• Flexible assignable CV buss.
• Improved signal monitoring chain
|Manual||500 Series Analog Delay Manual||2013-02-01||500_Series_Analog_Delay_PRESS.pdf|
|Software||Windows Plug In||2013-02-14||ZIP||Windows_Plug_In_1.1.0.zip|
|Software||Windows Stand Alone Editor||2013-02-14||ZIP||Stand Alone 2.zip|
|Software||Mac Stand Alone Editor||2013-02-14||ZIP||Mac_Stand Alone.zip|
|Software||Mac Plug In Editor||2013-02-14||ZIP||Mac_Plug-Ins.zip|
|Software||Firmware Update 4/26/13||2013-04-25||ZIP||
|500 Series Delay_v1_1_0_Firmware_Update 2.zip|
The Moog Analog Delay is the world’s first delay designed exclusively for the 500 series format. It combines analog warmth with convenient digital control creating the perfect recording, live sound and production tool.